PDA

View Full Version : Trader Joe’s advent

lauren3110
11-01-2017, 06:05 PM
The $.99 chocolate advent calendars are in at my TJ’s. They usually sell out pretty quickly here.

elizabethkott
11-01-2017, 06:50 PM
AHHHHHHH! Thank you!!! I'll have to keep an eye out when I go!
I ALWAYS miss out on this!

JElaineB
11-02-2017, 10:07 PM
Thanks, we just got a Trader Joe's here in October so I'll have to look for these this weekend.

georgiegirl
11-02-2017, 10:21 PM
I got 3 today! They had 4 types.

Twin Mom
11-03-2017, 09:33 AM
Going tomorrow so I will look. DS saw the advent calendar at Aldi and wanted one but I didn't want to spend that much. 99 cents is ok! Thanks for posting.

khalloc
11-03-2017, 09:48 AM
I went to TJs on Monday and asked about the Advent Calendars. They told me Thursday would be the day they are out, so I went back yesterday and bought 3. They only get in 8 boxes and they had already sold 1 entire box by the time I got there around noon. I was told last year that they only last for a day or 2 and then they are sold out and each store is only allowed a set amount of boxes (8 I guess?). Glad I got mine!

SnuggleBuggles
11-03-2017, 11:24 AM
Bought those today.
Also bought 3 boxes of the dark chocolate star cookies and a dozen of those mini boxes of salted caramels (fabulous teacher gifts!).

SASM
11-03-2017, 04:26 PM
FYI- I bought these 2 years ago and returned them. For all three of ours, the chocolate tasted like it had fish oil mixed in. YUCK! My kids were a little apprehensive about them last year so we didn't try them. Fingers crossed for this year's batch!

lizzywednesday
11-05-2017, 04:02 PM
The $.99 chocolate advent calendars are in at my TJ’s. They usually sell out pretty quickly here.

Thank you for the heads' up!

DD picked out the board game design for herself and DH's friend's two sons.

I liked all the designs, to be honest, but thought the board game was particularly clever.

theloo
11-06-2017, 01:33 PM
I got the board game too. I missed this last year, so this is the first year for us. For $1, can't really go wrong, even if the chocolate tastes bad ;)

hillview
11-06-2017, 08:10 PM
Thanks my mom got me one for each of the kids.

SASM
12-02-2017, 11:12 AM
Soooo...I am just curious...What did your kids think of the chocolate?? Mine opened their calendars today and DS, DD1, and DH all thought that the chocolate still tasted like milk chocolate with essence of fish oil. Anyone else?? Or is it just my family's tastebuds??

Charlie
12-02-2017, 11:29 AM
Soooo...I am just curious...What did your kids think of the chocolate?? Mine opened their calendars today and DS, DD1, and DH all thought that the chocolate still tasted like milk chocolate with essence of fish oil. Anyone else?? Or is it just my family's tastebuds??

I haven’t tasted it yet, it my kids have eaten it the last 2 days without issue. I asked how it tasted (bc I remembered a fish post lol) and they said it was good.

bisous
12-02-2017, 12:46 PM
I’ve tasted it. It’s crappy cheap chocolate for sure. But it’s chocolate and honestly anything chocolate is delicious to me, lol. My kids don’t seem to mind them at all!

SoCalMommy
12-02-2017, 01:18 PM
We bought our first advent calendar (board game) and DD loves anything having to do with candy. She actually said the chocolate was ok but part of it tasted stale/not good. She is 7 yrs old so not exactly sure what she means. DH and I are hoping to try it and I can let you know if we taste anything fishy.

SnuggleBuggles
12-02-2017, 01:55 PM
No taste complains here.
ETA- i take that back. One had no complaints, other thought it wasn’t so good. For $1, the novelty is what you’re paying for though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

willow33
12-02-2017, 02:12 PM
We did them last year and my kids hated the taste and they LOVE chocolate. We went with Cost Plus World Market ones this year and while a little more expensive the chocolate is delicious.

georgiegirl
12-02-2017, 03:46 PM
My kids have zero complaints about the taste of the chocolate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mmsmom
12-02-2017, 05:40 PM
DD said today the chocolate tasted “different” but she is also recovering from a stomach bug. My kids do their calendars in the morning and are so thrilled to get chocolate in the morning they don’t care what it tastes like. For .$.99 I’m not complaining but TJ’s would always take it back.

wallawala
12-02-2017, 07:45 PM
Ours here are fishy.

Kids don't care. I'm not going to bother to take it back... it's the novelty. But won't be buying them next year.

ETA: We also bought the "Grown Up" variety. It think it was about $6. Chocolate tastes normal.