PDA

View Full Version : Sous Vide?

umsh
12-11-2017, 11:33 AM
Does anyone have a sous vide? Like it/recommend it? It’s a decent price today with Targets $20 off - it comes to $80. But I’m not sure how I’d use it, other than meat (which we don’t eat a lot of). Not sure I feel about cooking in plastic either...

If anyone has one and can weigh in, I’d appreciate it!

Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker Bluetooth, Immersion Circulator, 800 Watts, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UKPBXM4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_8qQlAbNGQH8BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HannaAddict
12-11-2017, 11:47 AM
Don’t have one and sounds like something you don’t really need, good deal or not. As we purged the this weekend, the good deals often end up just taking up space!

umsh
12-11-2017, 11:49 AM
Don’t have one and sounds like something you don’t really need, good deal or not. As we purged the this weekend, the good deals often end up just taking up space!

Good point [emoji4]

wencit
12-11-2017, 01:33 PM
We have an Anova, but if you don't eat much meat, I wouldn't buy one. That's pretty much all I use it for, besides sous vide eggs. I will say, though, that the meat I do make in my sous vide machine comes out incredibly moist and juicy. It is a bit of a pain, because after you sous vide, you're supposed to sear the meat, which is an additional step and makes a mess on my counter top. I use my Instant Pot far more than my Anova.

umsh
12-11-2017, 02:11 PM
I use my Instant Pot far more than my Anova.

That’s what I concluded...I’m much more likely to need to cook quickly than slowly [emoji23]