PDA

View Full Version : flour sack towels good for drying dishes?

rlu
12-15-2017, 03:03 PM
We have some terry cloth hand towels we use for drying dishes. However, while present shopping for a friend I found several flour sack towels that are really cute. DS helped me pick a few out (and I'll buy them for her whether useful or not) but we also found one DH might like and one DS really likes. We don't have room for just decorative towels in our kitchen, we need towels that are useful for drying dishes. Hence my question. They don't look like they would dry dishes well.

candaceb
12-15-2017, 04:28 PM
No, I don't like them for much of anything except for wringing out potatoes for latkes once a year.

The best dish towels I have found are Williams-Sonoma. I won't buy anything else now. Classic striped are my favorite: https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/williams-sonoma-striped-dishcloth-drizzle/?pkey=cdish-cloths-towels&isx=0.0.2300

kristenk
12-15-2017, 04:46 PM
I was going to say that they're great for drying dishes before I read candaceb's post. Now I'm wondering if the dish towels I'm thinking of are flour sack towels. The towels that I *thought* were flour sack are some of my favorites for drying dishes! lol I have some of the ones that candaceb linked to, too, and they work well but they're not my favorite.

hillview
12-15-2017, 05:11 PM
No, I don't like them for much of anything except for wringing out potatoes for latkes once a year.

The best dish towels I have found are Williams-Sonoma. I won't buy anything else now. Classic striped are my favorite: https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/williams-sonoma-striped-dishcloth-drizzle/?pkey=cdish-cloths-towels&isx=0.0.2300

these are always the highest ranked towels. wirecutter likes them too as does america's test kitchen

lizzywednesday
12-15-2017, 05:55 PM
I use most of my 10-year-old flour sack towels to dry my hair now.

For dishes, I have a decent mix of woven and terrycloth ones, but W-S looks pretty awesome.

rlu
12-18-2017, 12:01 AM
Ok, thanks.