PDA

View Full Version : Need good Breakfast Casserole recipe

StantonHyde
12-15-2017, 04:17 PM
I am looking for a better breakfast casserole recipe than the one I have. I don't want tater tots or bread in it--just eggs, cheese, and sausage. My recipe is bland from the cheese standpoint.

It is basically:
6 eggs
1 pound ground sausage, cooked
A cup or more of part skim ricotta
1/3 cup of sharp gruyere
2-4 Tbs of cheddar
pinch of red pepper flakes

Should I cut back on the ricotta a bit and add more cheddar?? I serve this with homemade cinnamon scones, so that's why I don't need bread or tater tots. Any ideas??

abh5e8
12-15-2017, 04:38 PM
Sure. I also like to put garlic and onion in mine.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles
12-15-2017, 06:47 PM
I got this recipe here and it gets raves when I serve it https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/sausage-and-egg-casserole-with-sun-dried-tomatoes-and-mozzarella-106411

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zukini
12-15-2017, 08:06 PM
Thank you for sharing. Not only is it from Epicurious whose recipes I trust wholeheartedly, but it’s keto friendly! Bookmarked!

trentsmom
12-17-2017, 09:47 AM
I would add some dry mustard. My favorite egg casseroles have always included it, and the casserole doesn't taste as good if I leave it out. It's usually a teaspoon mixed with the milk.

I'm glad you're asking about casseroles. Last night I started looking for the one I made last year. I only remember that it was low-carb and made in a slow cooker.