PDA

View Full Version : s/o what's your every day beauty and makeup routine?

basil
01-09-2018, 10:55 AM
The other thread got me thinking. Like that OP, I've been trying to do a better job with this as I approach 40, get more job responsibilities, and have gotten out of the crazy baby/toddler mornings. Looking to see what everyone uses and see if I can pick up some good tips!

I have fair skin with freckles, brown hair with red highlights, and green/hazel eyes. I'm prone to acne and clogged pores and redness, and I have some prominent veins under my eyes that look like dark circles but don't respond to anything. My skin is normal to dry, especially in the winter.

AM:
Cetaphil wash in shower
Cerave AM sunscreen/lotion
Bareminerals tinted moisturizer in Vanilla, applied with brush
Maybelline Lumi touch highlighting concealer OR Bareminerals original foundation in Fair to under eye area
One shade of eyeshadow, usually a medium warm purple, to entire lid and up into crease, various brands
Dark purple eyeliner to upper and lower lids, thicker on the outer corners
Benetint as blush
Bareminerals mineral veil powder
Maybelline Great lash mascara
Anastasia brow pencil
Fresh sugar lip balm in tulip

PM:
Kirkland wipe to remove makeup
Retin A on forehead and jawline, a few times per week on whole face
Cerave PM lotion
Aquaphor on lips and on any dry spots, usually under nose and chin

I think I could do a lot better...some of this stuff is embarrassingly old...like purchased for my honeymoon in 2008 old :bag But I've gone long stretches of time wearing absolutely no makeup in between then.
I know I could totally go to Sephora and they would help me with this stuff, but I don't want to.

mom2khj
01-09-2018, 11:50 AM
I have cystic acne-prone, combo skin. Dark brown hair, brown eyes and medium toned skin.

AM:
Paula's Choice (PC) Skin Balancing cleanser in shower
PC Skin balancing toner
PC moisturizer (switch between skin balancing and hydralight, the ones with SPF)
Hourglass mineral veil primer
Make up forever ultra HD foundation (sometimes I use Hourglass Immaculate Liquid, but it can get drying even on my combo skin). I just tried Fenty and wanted to love it, but it got too greasy throughout the day.
Make up forever HD finishing powder
Blush - either MAC blushbaby or NARS orgasm
Eyeshadow primer - usually urban decay, but trying too faced right now
Eyeshadow - varies. Either I don't wear any, or a single color just on bottom of lid, or I'll do something more complex with three colors. Depends on my mood. Have single shades from Mac and Urban Decay, as well as palettes from Urban Decay, Too Faced, Tarte, Make Up Forever and Clinique. I stick with neutral tones, the occasional light pink and purple.
Eyeliner - either dark brown or dark purple under bottom lashes and over top lashes. Urban Decay or I just got two from Sephora's brand that I'm liking the staying power of.
Eyebrows - Anastasia powder or brow wiz. Usually the wiz wins out because it looks more natural to me.
Mascara - Usually Loreal Lash Paradise, but am using a sample of Too Faced Better Than Sex that I got in my monthly Sephora box and I am really liking it. Probably not enough to justify the cost over the Loreal though.
Lips - I have tons, but a few favorites that I tend to gravitate towards - Mac Twig, Laura Mercier Stickgloss in any color though peony is my favorite, NARS but I forget the color and Clinique Black Honey.

PM:
Neutrogena wipe to remove mascara
Paula's Choice (PC) Skin Balancing cleanser
PC Skin balancing toner
PC 2% BHA liquid - this is my favorite stuff ever
Differin gel - tzone only
PC Blemish Fighting Solution - tzone only
PC moisturizer - I forget the name, I think skin balancing moisture gel?
A few times a week, I will add on a PC serum or add a few drops of one to the moisturizer.

hillview
01-09-2018, 12:06 PM
Most AM and PM (maybe 75% of the time so not ALWAYS). My skin runs very dry. I don't often get a pimple.

Wash with Bubble and Bee Face wash
Tone with a toner spray
Apply a huge amount of face cream (maybe a tablespoon)
In AM maybe 50% of the time I put on eyeliner

ETA I do add unpetroleum every night and morning and during the day to my lips.

I should apply SPF but I don't -- in the summer I sometimes do if I know I am going to be outside

Links to products
Face wash https://bubbleandbee.com/organic-facial-cleanser-pineapple-enzyme-/
Toner https://www.amazon.com/Andalou-Naturals-Clementine-Illuminating-Toner/dp/B0091OCA86
Cream https://bubbleandbee.com/certified-organic-face-cream-for-women/
Jelly https://www.amazon.com/Alba-Botanica-Petroleum-Multi-Purpose-Jelly/dp/B000OO7546

icunurse
01-09-2018, 12:33 PM
I have combination skin, prone to acne on my chin. I am very fair skinned with freckles, auburn hair, green eyes.

AM - Paula's Choice face wash in shower, PC toner. Olay under eye cream, acne medicine, PC moisturizer only on areas prone to lines (around mouth and eyes, between eyebrows). Lancôme concealor under eyes and on any redness or acne, Anastasia powder to fill in eyebrows a bit, Pur powder and blush, Almay eyeliner, Maybelline mascara.

PM - admittedly, i forget to wash my face at night a lot. But when I do, its the PC face wash again and toner, then acne medicine.

I also like the Aveeno face wash pads once in a while. They have some texture to them and help to get rid of dry areas and make my face just feel really clean from a gentle scrub.

Corie
01-09-2018, 02:34 PM
I have combination skin. I've never had a problem with acne. I can count the number of pimples I've had in my life. Not many.
I am very fair skinned with freckles. Light brown hair, blue eyes.

AM - Dove sensitive skin soap in shower. Wash face/body with it.
Cetaphil oil-control facial moisturizer with SPF 30 on face and neck
Bobbi Brown blue raspberry lipstick

PM - I don't do anything.

zukeypur
01-09-2018, 02:48 PM
Light brown/gray hair, green eyes, dark circles, very pale skin, cystic acne prone with melasma

AM:
Wash with Purpose cleanser and Clarisonic
Moisturize with either Yes to Carrots spf moisturizer, or Clinique dramatically different moisturizer.
Estée Lauder under eye serum
Estée Lauder double wear foundation in desert beige
Estée Lauder double wear concealer in light medium for under eye circles
(Sometimes I wear Lancôme powder foundation in Claire)
Bobbi Brown bronzer (not always)
NARS orgasm blush
Urban decay eyeshadow primer
Urban decay naked 2 basics palette on eyes, darkest color used with wet eye liner brush for liner
Occasionally I wear a stila black eyeliner
Urban decay eyeshadow in “sin” to add a little shimmer to entire lid, or on “light makeup”days I wear Sin alone
Cover Girl mascara in the orange tube

PM:
Remove makeup with neutrogena make up remover wipes
Wash with purpose face wash
Vitamin C and hyaluronic acid serum compounded by a local pharmacist https://back2bareskincare.com
Estée Lauder eye serum
YuBe moisturizing cream (only on forehead and cheeks; I’m scared to use it on my acne prone chin)
Occasionally I use Ziana gel for acne.

MontrealMum
01-09-2018, 03:08 PM
I have fair skin, which is combination, though drier as I've aged, auburn hair, hazel eyes. My skin is extremely sensitive and I'm prone to eczema so I'm super careful about the products I use because they can cause a breakout. I have very few wrinkles (knock on wood), and sometimes still get pimples (not fun).

AM (for work)
I don't wash my face because I do it the night before.
Josie Maran argan finishing balm
Bobbi Brown cream shadow stick in brown/bronze/pink; occasionally I'll use a Nars duo in purple/lavender or mauve
curl lashes + mascara (not loyal to any one brand) I think I'm currently using something by Dior. Benefit is nice too.
Nars cream blush in orgasm. I also had a powder blush by Lorac that I liked but the color is discontinued.
Lipstick or gloss. I'm a lipstick junkie - I have a ton. I like Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Lancome, and Nars. Occasionally like Mac for the great colors though it can be very drying. Beautycounter is a new discovery. For a regular balm with spf I like Fresh or pure shea butter from l'Occitane.

If I'm going to be in the sun I"ll put on something with spf, if not, I don't. I have something from Boscia that's ok, but I still haven't found a daily use product that doesn't eventually cause a rash with extended use.

for going out: I'll add BB cream and undereye concealer, I'm liking Beautycounter lately; maybe some Nars pore concealer. I don't use any of this everyday because it's too hard on my skin.

PM:
remove eye makeup with Nars makeup remover
wash face daily with Josie Maran argan cleansing oil
every few days I use my Clarisonic Mia - too much and my skin gets irritated
1x a week I use Tatcha violet-c radiance mask (this has made a huge difference)
apply Josie Maran pure argan oil for sleeping
Origins spot remover if needed

I used to use Boscia cleansers/lotions but I think it was too harsh for my skin. Sometimes I do switch to Dr. Hauschka and that's ok too.

bisous
01-09-2018, 03:29 PM
I should post after my Sephora makeover (got a GC for Christmas from my parents).

Right now:

AM:
Wash with Cetaphil
PC moisturizer with sunscreen.
IT CC cream in light.
Burt's Bees lipslicks in watermelon
Line with (whatever dark brown) eye pencil
Swipe a medium brown shadow (whatever brand) in the crease of my eye
L'Oreal Voluminous mascara in black
Deep rose blush (whatever brand)

PM:
Use a Neutrogena makeup wipe for eyes
Wash with Cetaphil

The biggest thing for me is a good foundation (or CC cream). I use this everyday. I'm very fair skinned and need the sun protection. Most importantly, it does not break me out. A year or so ago I was breaking out really badly. Turns out that the foundation I was using was really causing it. I was on three prescription products and just chalked up the breakouts to aging and hormones (which exacerbated it for sure) but once I found the IT CC cream I was able to stop using all the prescription meds and I almost never break out at all.

I'm planning on seeing if Sephora can teach me some new techniques for my eye makeup. I'll still have a hard time buying an expensive palette but maybe it is worth it? I'd like to use my GC to step up my lip color game.

basil
01-09-2018, 03:34 PM
I should post after my Sephora makeover (got a GC for Christmas from my parents).

I'm planning on seeing if Sephora can teach me some new techniques for my eye makeup. I'll still have a hard time buying an expensive palette but maybe it is worth it? I'd like to use my GC to step up my lip color game.

I need to step up my lip game too. Problem is I am terrible at choosing colors. All the ones people always choose as nude or neutral look brown or orange on me. Sheer hot pinks or reds are usually my best bet (hence love for benetint), but then cross the line into garish too often. Sigh.

JBaxter
01-09-2018, 04:10 PM
I'm bad.
I wash my face in the shower with my body wash ( something I bought at Marshalls with coconut oil)
rub coconut oil on face/body dry with towel
Clinique foundation
eyeliner ( usually stilla)
L'Oreal Voluminous mascara ( ive tried others but like that for my daily go to)
Maybelline 24 Hour Eyeshadow, Bad To The Bronze
Some lip color or gloss ( I have a ton of different ones)

Night
Use the make up removing wipes ( some brand with anti age stuff)
face lotion of what ever brand I have and go to bed.
I'm almost 51 some days I skip the foundation and just hit some eye liner and go. I live in Florida and unless Im going to be sitting pool side for more than 30 minutes or we are going to the beach I skip sunblock on a daily basis.
I don't spend a lot of time or money but it works for me.
This was recent with my little guy. Its about the normal amount of make up I use. I do get much tanner in the summer and use less foundation and blush when I do. I do more powder in the summer.
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o130/jeanaspictures/selfie_zps3l5t2utp.jpg (http://s119.photobucket.com/user/jeanaspictures/media/selfie_zps3l5t2utp.jpg.html)

citymama
01-09-2018, 04:26 PM
I shower and brush/floss my teeth. ��

Seriously, all I do in addition is use face cream (Mountain Rose Herbals) and deo (Tom's unscented).

specialp
01-09-2018, 06:21 PM
Sorry to jump off topic, in a rush.

I personally think it is. I've compared urban decay naked palette which was my go-to to it's drugstore duplicate covergirl trunaked which I kept in my purse and the cheaper ones just aren't as pigmented, really do not blend as well, and do not last as long. That said, I'm using a Tarte eyeshadow now and am not a fan although I love Tarte amazonian clay blush. I feel like it blends horribly. While you're in sephora, I really like Nars Velvet matte lip pencil.

baymom
01-09-2018, 06:34 PM
I need to step up my lip game too. Problem is I am terrible at choosing colors. All the ones people always choose as nude or neutral look brown or orange on me. Sheer hot pinks or reds are usually my best bet (hence love for benetint), but then cross the line into garish too often. Sigh.

How about a berry, instead of hot pink/red? Or a stain instead of a more opaque shade?

baymom
01-09-2018, 06:41 PM
I feel really lazy compared to all of you!

AM:
-wash face with water, since I use a cleanser at night. If I've been woken up by an excessive number of dog kisses, I re-wash in the morning, as well.
-Mitchem deodorant
-body lotion (whatever we have at home)
-swipe of lipstick
-*if I remember* Elta MD spf face lotion

PM:
-wash face in shower
-20% of the time, I do remember to apply my ROC night cream

That's it, and I'm a few years past 40. I have combination skin and fine, curly dark brown hair (that I wash 2-3 times a week). I do often feel like I should start doing more, but then I just can't sustain it for very long. :bag

MontrealMum
01-09-2018, 06:56 PM

It sounds like you and I have similar colouring. I wore benetint for years as well as the Clinique and origins equivalents.

I usually prefer mauves and nudes, but I do have some pinker lipsticks/glosses. Many of them are Clinique - especially chubby sticks. A lipstick I like is their raspberry glacé. Black honey is a nice gloss.

Buxom has an extensive lipgloss line in every shade of the rainbow. They're worth a look too.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

trcy
01-09-2018, 07:05 PM
I feel really lazy compared to all of you!

AM:
-wash face with water, since I use a cleanser at night. If I've been woken up by an excessive number of dog kisses, I re-wash in the morning, as well.
-Mitchem deodorant
-body lotion (whatever we have at home)
-swipe of lipstick
-*if I remember* Elta MD spf face lotion

PM:
-wash face in shower
-20% of the time, I do remember to apply my ROC night cream

That's it, and I'm a few years past 40. I have combination skin and fine, curly dark brown hair (that I wash 2-3 times a week). I do often feel like I should start doing more, but then I just can't sustain it for very long. :bag

I’ll make you feel better.

AM:
Shower
Deodorant
Hair gel on the days I wash my hair otherwise just comb
Brush teeth

PM
Brush and floss teeth
Sometimes I wash my face

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

♥ms.pacman♥
01-10-2018, 12:37 AM
I'm bad.
I wash my face in the shower with my body wash ( something I bought at Marshalls with coconut oil)
rub coconut oil on face/body dry with towel
Clinique foundation
eyeliner ( usually stilla)
L'Oreal Voluminous mascara ( ive tried others but like that for my daily go to)
Maybelline 24 Hour Eyeshadow, Bad To The Bronze
Some lip color or gloss ( I have a ton of different ones)

Night
Use the make up removing wipes ( some brand with anti age stuff)
face lotion of what ever brand I have and go to bed.
I'm almost 51 some days I skip the foundation and just hit some eye liner and go. I live in Florida and unless Im going to be sitting pool side for more than 30 minutes or we are going to the beach I skip sunblock on a daily basis.
I don't spend a lot of time or money but it works for me.
This was recent with my little guy. Its about the normal amount of make up I use. I do get much tanner in the summer and use less foundation and blush when I do. I do more powder in the summer.
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o130/jeanaspictures/selfie_zps3l5t2utp.jpg (http://s119.photobucket.com/user/jeanaspictures/media/selfie_zps3l5t2utp.jpg.html)

Jeana - OMG, you look amazing!! NO WAY you are 51!!

as for me, per the other thread I am totally changing up my skincare/makeup routine based on advice here and Youtube :) I have ordered some new products from amazon and other places and am excited to try new things out. I just got a tub of some Korean face removal cream that someone recommended and that felt so much better on my skin and less irritating. I used to use face wipes every day but during the wintertime and with everyday use I think it really dries my skin out. oh and I just got a tube of the loreal tube mascara and I'm intrigued - how had I not heard of this before??

mikala
01-10-2018, 01:37 AM
I need to step up my lip game too. Problem is I am terrible at choosing colors. All the ones people always choose as nude or neutral look brown or orange on me. Sheer hot pinks or reds are usually my best bet (hence love for benetint), but then cross the line into garish too often. Sigh.Our coloring sounds similar. I currently like Maybelline Stay Matte in Seductress as my nude, usually with a little gloss over, or Revlon Mauvey Night.