PDA

View Full Version : Elementary Age Raffle Items

belovedgandp
01-10-2018, 09:28 AM
We're gearing up for our big elementary school fundraiser. It's a big family night with fun run, carnival games, and a lot of craziness. We have 10-12 kid/family focused raffle items.

Favorites from past years - ipad mini, American Girl doll, hoverboard, Lego gift card, passes to local places (trampoline, zoo, museum).

Any fun items come to mind to hunt down for this year? The raffle is the beginning of May. We'll start promoting mid-March.

SnuggleBuggles
01-10-2018, 09:39 AM
Can the school offer any experiences? Principal (librarian, gym teacher...) for the day, make the morning announcements, ice cream party for class or small group, extra recess for the class...those have all been popular at our fundraiser.

Tangible items- karaoke machine, restaurant/ ice cream gift cards, Nintendo Switch.

You need to request donations earlier than that, ime. Many places had firm 6-8 week deadline for requests that I dealt with.

mmsmom
01-10-2018, 09:44 AM
At our school the most popular baskets are the one that are the current trends... I would get Fingerlings for this year. We have done slime stuff, Rubik’s cubes, Beanie Boos, Shopkins, Pokémon, fidget cubes and spinners.

Pear
01-10-2018, 09:57 AM
Dedicated parking spot for the family. If parking is scarce, it doesn’t even need to be that close to the door, just reasonably close.

*myfoursons
01-10-2018, 10:15 AM
I second the school experiences — we’ve had lots of success with the lunch dates with teacher (really add up when you have all the teachers participate), we had a school-wide hide and seek with principal, etc.

Our biggest items are usually sports baskets with tickets to NBA/NFL/NHL teams and accompanying jersey/poster/balls.

trcy
01-10-2018, 10:17 AM
Dedicated parking spot for the family. If parking is scarce, it doesn’t even need to be that close to the door, just reasonably close.

This would be extremely popular at our school. Parking is a nightmare.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

PZMommy
01-10-2018, 10:49 AM
Along the lines of parking, what about reserved front row seats to the school’s winter show? At my kids school we start lining up by 6:30 for the 9:00 show just so we can get seats in the auditorium. I’d gladly pay for tickets if it meant I could skip the 2 hour wait in line!

squimp
01-10-2018, 11:13 AM
Parking spots, Disney tickets and water park resort tickets were popular. Also principal for a day. One big one was classroom art - big plates from the classroom that all the kids contributed to with help from the art teacher.

DualvansMommy
01-10-2018, 11:30 AM
For our district, parking wouldn’t be popular except for one school. Depends whether parking is plentiful or a real issue, then offer it up. But school experiences is really popular at our k-3rd and 4-5th grade schools.

Harlem basketball tickets with courtside seating would be a hot item for ours.

Tangible items that’s popular would be iPad, switch, or tickets to pro game/broadway show since were within vicinity of NYC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

belovedgandp
01-10-2018, 12:52 PM
Thank you! We really have a three part raffle/silent auction thing going.

1 - silent auction - is in-house items - parking spot, principal for the day, morning announcements, parking/seating for select grade events (musicals, band, choir)

2 - teacher raffles - each teacher or team of teachers does some kind of experience - lunch, breakfast, ice cream and games

3 - physical raffles - this is looking for those fun items that I know I'm not cool enough to figure out.

Many items will be whatever we can get donated or super cheap. So far we have an American Girl doll, pedal cart, zoo/amusement park tickets, and fuji film package.

I have two corporate donors giving money to buy raffle items. They want their name associated with the cool fun thing the kids will all want to buy tickets for. These are $150 to $250. It's a good problem to have, but I want to be responsible with my choices and hopefully get the excitement from the school body.

We have just under 500 students in K-5. Suburban area with families in above average financial shape. Strong community/school support.

hillview
01-10-2018, 12:59 PM
Our school (years ago) used to do
Ice cream with a popular teacher (gym etc)
Pizza with a popular teacher
Time share or vacation house rental (some folks owned a place)
principal for a day (SUPER popular)
Parking place
Reserved front seats at events
Popular toys
Tickets to a game of a local sports team
Gift cards to local restaurants or stores