PDA

View Full Version : Parenting forums with more dads?

rin
01-13-2018, 08:03 PM
Wondering if anyone here can recommend any other parenting forums they visit that have more dads. There's a family in our circle facing a serious illness, and there's a chance the dad may become a single parent sometime in the next year. I'm wondering if there are any online communities similar to BBB that you all would recommend that might be more of a fit for guys (I know we've had some men on this forum before but overall it swings overwhelmingly female). I have found this community to be so extraordinarily helpful over the years, and think he'd appreciate some recommendations, but suspect that he might prefer something that had more male members.

jenstring95
01-14-2018, 06:23 PM
Perhaps an online support group for families of people facing the illness might be a good place to start? I hope that the your friend improves and it is a moot point, though.

dogmom
01-15-2018, 10:21 AM
I think your friend would be best served by a support community for young widow/widowers if that time comes. Since many of the initial questions/needs will be tied up with the loss and transition from two to one parent family. That will permeate everything.

flashy09
01-15-2018, 01:00 PM
Sorry if this is "hijacking" a thread....but speaking of Dads has anyone heard from Giantbear? I was so impressed by his devotion to his daughter and patience with his wife and really rooted for him.

jgenie
01-15-2018, 04:15 PM
Sorry if this is "hijacking" a thread....but speaking of Dads has anyone heard from Giantbear? I was so impressed by his devotion to his daughter and patience with his wife and really rooted for him.

I think of them often and hope they are well.

rin
01-15-2018, 04:30 PM
I think your friend would be best served by a support community for young widow/widowers if that time comes. Since many of the initial questions/needs will be tied up with the loss and transition from two to one parent family. That will permeate everything.

Oh that is a very good point. Hadn't considered that. Thanks!

boilermakermom
01-15-2018, 07:53 PM
Me too! I hope they are well!