PDA

View Full Version : Other symptoms during your periods?

DualvansMommy
01-23-2018, 09:39 PM
May be bit TMI, but for those of you who suffer other issues that only occurs whenever you have your period.

For the first year around 3 years ago, I started having migraines for first 1-2 days of my period. It was so infrequent though that I didn’t tie it with my cycle. Then second year, started feeling the bloating and nausea but stopped for long time. Now in my 4th year since having Ds2, I’m feeling a lot of same symptoms I felt during my pregnancy. Constant nausea, loose bowel movements, and the urge to vomit even though nothing happens.

It’s been happening consistently every month now for past 6 months. What does it mean?? I know to call my gyn doctor which I plan to. But curious for feedback so I know what tests, if any to ask for when I see my doctor, is it part of getting older? Or the early stages of premenopausal ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

georgiegirl
01-23-2018, 10:40 PM
I’d get that checked out. I’ve been fortunate to have zero other symptoms during my periods. They are different than they were pre-kids (more spotting before it arrives in full force), but I never have cramps, headaches, mood swings, etc. I think I had more symptoms when I was younger. Nothing major, light cramping and a heavy feeling down south.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sariana
01-24-2018, 02:34 AM
I get flu-like symptoms: achy legs, sore joints, loose bowels, sometimes some nausea. It has been 10 years since I was pregnant (DD turned 10 last week!). The severity is not the same every month, but otherwise it is fairly consistent. I have a somewhat irregular cycle; the achy legs usually are my best clue that AF is on her way.

MommyAllison
01-24-2018, 02:52 AM
I get migraines that seem to be related to hormones - twice each month on the same days of my cycle. From the reading I've done, migraines due to hormonal changes are pretty common. This started for me after I had DD2. I would guess that all of your symptoms are hormone related, and would mention it at your next appointment but not be worried in the meantime.

lizzywednesday
01-26-2018, 12:28 PM
I track mine using an app so I can remember when I'm filling out new forms for a doc visit or whatever.

I get loose stools and an increase in the probability of yeast infections when mine's coming on. When I am not physically fit, every few months, I get severe, incapacitating cramps (like cramps that feel like my hips & thighs have gone numb.)

I find dosing with Evening Primrose Oil gelcaps helps soothe the worst of the crampiness, but so does a single 600mg (3 gelcaps) of ibuprofen before bed.

I've been getting headaches every now and again, but I never thought about them in relation to my cycle.

gobadgers
01-26-2018, 02:50 PM
I don't have advice, but I've been getting a lot of the same symptoms you're describing. No fun.

I track mine using an app so I can remember when I'm filling out new forms for a doc visit or whatever.

Can I ask what app you use? I've been writing my symptoms down on a checklist app in my phone and it's getting kind of unwieldy!

wallawala
01-26-2018, 08:05 PM
I don't have advice, but I've been getting a lot of the same symptoms you're describing. No fun.

Can I ask what app you use? I've been writing my symptoms down on a checklist app in my phone and it's getting kind of unwieldy!

I like "Flo"

It predicts your cycle and is totally accurate for me, even though my cycle is starting to get more irregular....

essnce629
01-26-2018, 09:56 PM
I think it's totally normal to have tons of different symptoms during your period. GI symptoms are super common. Do you have endometriosis possibly? That often comes with more pronounced symptoms. I used to have horrible cramps, severe back pain, thigh and buttocks pain, diarrhea, and nausea. Since having kids I no longer have cramps but the back pain is even worse and now I get bloated too. I'm also prone to yeast infections at the end of my period when I just have spotting (or maybe it's just itchiness). I always figured that's because of changing PH levels.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

lizzywednesday
01-27-2018, 04:05 PM

I use the Planned Parenthood "Spot It" app, but there are a bunch if you'd prefer something else.

It's free and does what I need it to do: give me a window of when to expect my period, insight into how long my cycles actually are, daily reminders to enter my info, and I can add custom symptoms. Sometimes the language is a little "millennial" for me, but it's useful to me.

gobadgers
01-28-2018, 10:09 AM
I like "Flo"

It predicts your cycle and is totally accurate for me, even though my cycle is starting to get more irregular....

I use the Planned Parenthood "Spot It" app, but there are a bunch if you'd prefer something else.

It's free and does what I need it to do: give me a window of when to expect my period, insight into how long my cycles actually are, daily reminders to enter my info, and I can add custom symptoms. Sometimes the language is a little "millennial" for me, but it's useful to me.

Thanks, going to check out both!

OP, I hope you find some answers and/or relief after talking with you OB/GYN.

DualvansMommy
01-28-2018, 03:36 PM
OP here, thanks for the commiseration! a relief to know it's somewhat normal, but I'm honestly not liking this! as my cycle is long enough with 6-7 days so I feel like I'm taken hostage by those GI/nausea ailments for a good 3-5 days every month is getting to be bit too much for me! I have put in an appointment with my gyn following week, so we'll see.