PDA

View Full Version : Migraine Meds?

newmomto1
01-28-2018, 11:15 AM
What do you all take for your migraines?
I have scripts for zomig and imitrex.
Been taking both for many years. I can only take the zomig at night because it makes me very tired.
The imitrex also makes me tired...not quite as bad. But has stopped helping my headaches.
Any new meds out there?/something super effective that hopefully won’t put me to sleep???

Pear
01-28-2018, 11:52 AM
Maxalt works much better than Imitrex for me.

Can’t really comment on sleepiness. My migraines are bad enough that I’m just trying to get to the point where I am laying in a dark room in mild pain instead of alternating between vomiting and wishing my head would just be explode already so the pain will stop. Being functional is not possible.

jse107
01-29-2018, 01:28 PM
Imitrix. I've tried a lot of preventatives, some working better for others for me. Right now, I am back to a beta blocker for a preventative and 600 mg of magnesium.

For me, I actually don't think it's the meds that make me tired. It's the postdome of the migraine itself. My body still needs to recover. It won't matter what med I take--the nap is going to be needed.

TwoBees
01-29-2018, 02:16 PM
Imitrex, but it only works if I take it at the first sign of migraine. And it doesn’t work that well, and makes me feel like crap in general. I’m also limited with my dosage since I also take a SSRI.