PDA

View Full Version : Gym bottoms for me

hillview
01-28-2018, 06:03 PM
Turns out I think my tights are giving me a rash — all of them. I took 2 months off the gym and I was rash free. Went to the gym yesterday — didn’t get that sweaty really — showered and changed immediately after the gym and my rash is back. So I think I need to try a new type of gym bottom. Any ideas??

SnuggleBuggles
01-28-2018, 06:33 PM
Does it happen with any other garments? Just wondering if it’s your detergent. Since those pants are so tight, the detergent can “penetrate” better than a loose fitting garment.
Plenty of cute shorts out there. I mostly have target ones though so if you want fancier, I’m no help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnnieW625
01-28-2018, 06:41 PM
I love my Kirkland workout pants as much as I love my Lululemon ones; probably just a little more because some of them are older and have worn better overall than the LLM ones. I also bought some Tuff Athletics from Costco as well and like that.

I love the Ready Set Go 2 n1 6” shorts from Athleta, but they don’t have any online unless you are an xxs and I find they run small (I am a large in most brands but I needed an xl in these). You might try the store. I like these more than the regular RSG shorts because I get chaffing in those.

Kindra178
01-28-2018, 07:03 PM
Zella leggings are my fav for both workout and regular wear. They don’t slip down on long runs ever (my lulu and athleta do).

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

hillview
01-28-2018, 07:04 PM
Does it happen with any other garments? Just wondering if it’s your detergent. Since those pants are so tight, the detergent can “penetrate” better than a loose fitting garment.
Plenty of cute shorts out there. I mostly have target ones though so if you want fancier, I’m no help.

It doesn’t happen with anything else. Super strange. We use Charlie’s soap. I am very sensitive to soap and other things. For ages I thought it was my underwear — I got some HEMP unders at Etsy all to no avail. I am not sure what the issue is — I always hang them dry... maybe I should run them through a super hot dryer in case something is living in them (EWWWWW). Ideas welcome as I have a number of pairs of tights from Athleta and Lululemon (all at least a year old and most are 2+ years old). I might go to Dick’s and see what they have for old school shorts that don’t fit like leggings.

trales
01-28-2018, 07:06 PM
What fabric are they all made of? It could be the fabric. Maybe look for a different fabric. I got a bamboo workout top that I LOVE, maybe you can find bamboo bottoms.

hillview
01-28-2018, 07:13 PM
What fabric are they all made of? It could be the fabric. Maybe look for a different fabric. I got a bamboo workout top that I LOVE, maybe you can find bamboo bottoms.
That is a good point. They are super synthetic which I never wear otherwise. Maybe I will try some cotton bottoms. SIGH.

SnuggleBuggles
01-28-2018, 07:15 PM
I always put mine through the dryer and they (variety of brands) are no worse for the wear. I’d try a second rinse and low dryer. You could ruin them on high.

hillview
01-28-2018, 07:48 PM
I always put mine through the dryer and they (variety of brands) are no worse for the wear. I’d try a second rinse and low dryer. You could ruin them on high.

I will try that!