PDA

View Full Version : Sudden Bed Wetting

gymnbomb
01-30-2018, 08:05 AM
DS will be 4 next month. He was daytime potty trained just after he turned 3 and has had VERY few potty accidents ever. He's been dry at night since sometime in September and has been diaper free at night since mid October. He never once wet the bed until just over a week ago. He's wet the bed 3 times in about a week since then. We're trying to figure out what happened to cause that sudden change, but have come up blank. We're moving his cup of water from his bedside table to the bathroom (so he still has access to it but has to go to bathroom to get it) and DH is going to start getting him up to pee around midnight when he goes to bed, but I would love some help troubleshooting.

His little sister is 5 months old now and he's adjusted well to her. He had some problems with constipation last year, but that hasn't been a problem since around the end of last summer. No changes that I'm aware of at daycare.

klwa
01-30-2018, 09:11 AM
DD2 was almost completely night time trained 2 years ago. Then she regressed. When I brought it up at the doctor's, I was told that it's within the range of normal and not to worry about it. We're finally back to being almost night trained again now that she's 5.5.

Smillow
01-30-2018, 09:48 AM
DS was accident free at night as soon as we finished potty training (3.5). He suddenly started having accidents around about the time he was 5. I think it coincided with a growth spurt and deeper sleep. It didn’t last long.

hillview
01-30-2018, 09:49 AM
Regression is very common. Don't make too much of a fuss about it and it will pass.

gymnbomb
01-30-2018, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the reassurances. I knew it was common to have bed wetting for quite some time, but it took me by surprise because he'd been so good in the beginning (which is when I expected to have more accidents) and it was a big change.