PDA

View Full Version : Is it almost multipurpose bin sale time?

calebsmama03
01-30-2018, 03:25 PM
I seem to remember Feb-ish being the time this sale usually happens? I need a few more and trying to decide whether to wait it out or buy full price.

jawilli4
01-30-2018, 05:32 PM
What a timely question! I was just there buying some with my birthday coupon. My receipt came with a 15% off coupon for use February 1 - 11. Honestly, I can't remember how much off they were during the last sale, but if you are looking to buy some soon, buying something small to get the coupon might be a good option. Alternatively, I can give you one of mine as I made two purchases and each came with a 15% off code.

legaleagle
01-30-2018, 05:33 PM
It's right after the elfa sale ends so more like early March.

ett
01-30-2018, 07:07 PM
I ordered online for store pickup last year at the end of March. I remember that being towards the end of the sale and it had been going on for a few weeks already.

wendibird22
01-31-2018, 12:27 PM
Just want to say, my god I love those bins. I ordered a bunch more last time they were on sale and DH stole a bunch to use in our chest freezer. I have them in my bathroom cabinets, my linen closets, by book shelves, and my food pantry.

calebsmama03
02-01-2018, 11:40 AM
Just want to say, my god I love those bins. I ordered a bunch more last time they were on sale and DH stole a bunch to use in our chest freezer. I have them in my bathroom cabinets, my linen closets, by book shelves, and my food pantry.

I actually wanted them to use in the freezer drawer of my new(ish) fridge but they are about 1/4inch too tall. Wahh! Oh well. Will still probably end up with more.

musicalgrl
02-03-2018, 10:54 PM
I use them everywhere. Looking forward to the sale so I can stock up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBW
02-04-2018, 02:13 PM
You guys will understand me on this one...

I cleaned out my pantry a few weeks ago and had 4 or 5 empty multipurpose bins leftover. I took them out of the panty, and they were just sitting in my laundry room. A few days later I saw them in the recycling bin! My husband thought they were trash! I pulled them out right away, or course.

This is a man who has years worth of ACTUAL trash in the garage, his closet, and in storage in our basement. Why on earth were my precious bins one thing he actually tried to throw out? SIGH.

wendibird22
02-04-2018, 03:16 PM
You guys will understand me on this one...

I cleaned out my pantry a few weeks ago and had 4 or 5 empty multipurpose bins leftover. I took them out of the panty, and they were just sitting in my laundry room. A few days later I saw them in the recycling bin! My husband thought they were trash! I pulled them out right away, or course.

This is a man who has years worth of ACTUAL trash in the garage, his closet, and in storage in our basement. Why on earth were my precious bins one thing he actually tried to throw out? SIGH.

Wow! Good save by you!

alwayzrunning
02-08-2018, 10:46 PM
What multi-purpose bins are you all talking about and where do you find them? I really need to organize some things and could use some help! What sets them apart from other stores? Cost, etc.,

jgenie
02-08-2018, 11:33 PM
What multi-purpose bins are you all talking about and where do you find them? I really need to organize some things and could use some help! What sets them apart from other stores? Cost, etc.,

They are all over my house - bathroom cabinets, kitchen cabinets, playroom, office, kids rooms, etc.

https://www.containerstore.com/s/multi-purpose-bins/d?productId=10022942&q=Multipurpose

legaleagle
02-09-2018, 12:17 AM
They really are good for so many things and when they're on sale they're really a great deal.

essnce629
02-09-2018, 02:05 AM
I actually wanted them to use in the freezer drawer of my new(ish) fridge but they are about 1/4inch too tall. Wahh! Oh well. Will still probably end up with more.You can cut them!!! We got a new fridge a few months ago and the freezer is more shallow and my bins were too tall. I have some hardcore industrial shears and was able to cut off an inch to make them fit!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005LBMFCY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_xMtFAbDE3D4TJ

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Mommy_Mea
02-09-2018, 07:04 AM
You can cut them!!! We got a new fridge a few months ago and the freezer is more shallow and my bins were too tall. I have some hardcore industrial shears and was able to cut off an inch to make them fit!

Ohhh, I have the same issue, thank you for enabling me to buy lots more, lol!

legaleagle
02-09-2018, 12:17 PM
Genius! When you cut them we're the edges relatively blunt or did you have to sand or similar?

essnce629
02-09-2018, 03:49 PM
Genius! When you cut them we're the edges relatively blunt or did you have to sand or similar?

No, I didn't do anything at all after cutting them. Just make sure they are room temp when you cut them so they don't crack. While waiting for our new fridge to arrive, I was using the bins in our garage freezer and tried cutting them immediately out of the freezer. They cracked a little bit around the edges.

Zansu
03-01-2018, 01:30 PM
MPB are now 25% off
https://www.containerstore.com/s/kitchen/pantry-organizers/pantry-storage/multi-purpose-bins/123d?productId=10022942

zukeypur
03-01-2018, 02:14 PM
You can cut them!!! We got a new fridge a few months ago and the freezer is more shallow and my bins were too tall. I have some hardcore industrial shears and was able to cut off an inch to make them fit!

Good to know!!!! I had our last freezer beautifully organized with MPB’s, but they won’t fit in my new deep freeze. This might be my afternoon project

legaleagle
03-01-2018, 02:23 PM
MPB are now 25% off
https://www.containerstore.com/s/kitchen/pantry-organizers/pantry-storage/multi-purpose-bins/123d?productId=10022942

It lists them as 30% off :) I think in the past it might of been more but they are still a steal! Don't forget 4% ebates - their click & pickup option is awesome too - they'll actually bring it out to your car for you.

gymnbomb
03-01-2018, 03:00 PM
It lists them as 30% off :) I think in the past it might of been more but they are still a steal! Don't forget 4% ebates - their click & pickup option is awesome too - they'll actually bring it out to your car for you.

Yes, this pickup option is the best thing ever!!