PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here switched to Xfinity Mobile?

candaceb
02-01-2018, 11:01 AM
I paid off my phone at Verizon yesterday so we can BYOD at Xfinity Mobile and I have just read pages and pages on SD and Reddit and now I'm getting cold feet.
We could save a decent amount of money if this works the way they say it does. DH uses his work phone for almost all of his data - he currently uses less than 1GB/month on his personal phone. I average about 3GB. So our combined bill would be $48 plus tax. We are currently paying about $100 including tax for 2 lines with Verizon.

My main concern is with speed (I watched youtube videos demonstrating reduced speed on xfinity vs. verizon - xfinity uses the verizon network) and roaming. On SD I read that xfinity does not have the same roaming capability as native verizon customers and has less priority on the network at peak load times. For daily use, this isn't an issue, but when traveling it's more of a concern.

Here's a good rundown of the basics about Xfinity Mobile for anyone who doesn't know about it:
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/UPDATE-XFINITY-Mobile/td-p/2905316

c&j04
02-01-2018, 11:06 AM
We just left a different byod carrier that uses the Verizon network. We're with Verizon now and can tell a substantial difference.