PDA

View Full Version : Baggallini v Kipling?

MMMommy
02-01-2018, 09:24 PM
I know both brands are popular for their lightweight, nylon bags. Any thoughts on which brand is more durable, longer lasting, better made? Preference for one over the other?

Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
02-01-2018, 09:30 PM
Sherpani is a good option too.
I feel like Baggallini might last a bit longer. I only have a Baggallini and Sherpani. I haven’t liked the looks of any Kipling’s I’ve seen (don’t like the chunky zipper they usually have). I highly recommend buying from TJ Maxx or similar. Much cheaper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ang79
02-01-2018, 09:30 PM
I have several from both brands. I tend to use the Kipling ones more, just like the look and organization of the ones I have I guess. Both are durable and easy to clean. The baggalini ones hav card slots in a pocket so that you don’t need to carry a wallet so more streamlined I guess. But I always use a large wallet so that isn’t a plus for me.

Check our Ross, TJ Max, or Marshall’s. That’s where I got most of mine for a bargain.

JBaxter
02-01-2018, 09:32 PM
I picked up a Baggallini at Marshalls for less than $15 on sale. Seems nice and was inexpensive. Its a cross body bag roomy

citymama
02-01-2018, 10:29 PM
I loved my Bagallini x-body which I used daily for 8 years! The front cell phone pocket holder started to tear but other than that, it held up perfectly for 8+ years.

AnnieW625
02-01-2018, 10:31 PM
Also add Le Sport Sac! I got this crossbody one (https://www.lesportsac.com/collections/handbags/products/3244-d997) for Dd1 last year for her birthday and I have used it a few times. It might be smaller than the other two though, but I was able to get my wallet, some lipstick, my sunglasses and a small sweater in it when I took it to a concert. Plus Nordstrom Rack had it for less $25 iirc.

twowhat?
02-02-2018, 10:54 AM
I only own Kipling, and that's because I saw one too many damaged Baggalinis at Ross/TJ Maxx - rips, broken zippers, frayed straps. My Kiplings wear like iron (I have a crossbody and a backpack and so do my kids). I even throw them in the washing machine and they come out like new. So IME, Kipling's quality is way better and those chunky zippers are amazing - they slide smoothly just like on day 1! They won't win any style awards but are super practical. I like to avoid any of the styles with velcro because I hate velcro.

Globetrotter
02-02-2018, 01:11 PM
I like the look of sherpani and travelon bags, and they are durable. I just can’t get past the look of Kipling bags..

robinsmommy
02-02-2018, 02:53 PM
A little OT, but if you want a bag that is dressier than Kipling, try Haiku for a nice nylon bag. Good features, decent layout, and they are just a little nicer to me than either Kipling or Baggalini. Durability seems good so far, only had mine for a bit over 6 months.

Charlie
02-02-2018, 03:01 PM
I had a Baggalini and liked it but it only lasted a few months before the zipper broke. I was not happy considering the price I paid. I have had better luck with le sportsac.

jam224
02-02-2018, 03:16 PM
I have several Baggallini bags and love them. I've had no issues so far. They're typically my go-to travel purses -- good for flights, tourist trips, and Disney World. I've thrown them in my front loader to wash them, no problem. I have friends who have Kipling bags and I think they're good quality too, but like other PPs, the chunky zipper look isn't for me.

I also have a nylon Ameribag sling bag, which is also a favorite of mine. Love the crossbody strap and water bottle pocket (key for a nursing mama!). The light color interior and pocket organization is really nice too.

MMMommy
02-02-2018, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the input! Other brand recs totally appreciated as well! Think light, carefree, preferably water resistant, easy to clean, etc. I am partial to larger tote styles, generally. I don't know why, but I seem to carry a lot at all times!

Simon
02-03-2018, 01:22 PM
I have Le Sportsac, Sherpani, and Baggalini.

For larger bags, fun patterns, great organization (interior/exterior pockets), I like my LeSportsac best. I have owned 2 or 3 of these for 12+ years, use them daily or for travel and find them very flexible. I have a deluxe everyday bag, classic hobo and I think a deluxe shoulder satchel
Actually, I have a weekender size bag that I really love, too.
My Sherpani has held up very well except it was a light color and hasn't come totally clean in recent washes (into our top loader machine) so its looking more worn.
The Baggalini is newer to me and is smaller but is wearing well so far.

Kindra178
02-03-2018, 03:21 PM
Everyone knows what I am going to rec - mz wallace!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

Globetrotter
02-03-2018, 09:00 PM
I like le sportsac also, But I wasn’t sure if you wanted one that had slash proof straps and RFID protection.

abh5e8
02-04-2018, 01:27 AM
The new Kipling styles in Navy and black, with gold zippers look much nicer and a little dressier. I just ordered several, trying to find a good work travel bag.