PDA

View Full Version : Communion Dresses

boilermakermom
02-05-2018, 01:02 PM
Has anyone had luck finding a communion dress online? I won't have time to hit any of the bridal stores in the area for at least 3 - 4 more weeks, and this will put us close to our picture date. Not to mention, I have heard it gets picked over quickly. I found a few online at Nordstrom, other than that I haven't had much luck.

What is the average cost? I thought the ones at Nordstrom were high - $150-$200, but maybe that's average?

Thank you!

Mikey0709
02-05-2018, 01:25 PM
I have boys, but overheard mothers in our Sunday school class recommend Amazon. They said they have found beautiful dresses even in the $40 range! Worth a look.

ang79
02-05-2018, 01:48 PM
Do you have a Burlington Coat Factory? I’ve seen them there past years for the $40-50 range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlie
02-05-2018, 03:35 PM
No personal experience but it looks like Kohl’s has a nice selection:

http://mobile.kohls.com/search.jsp?search=first+communion+dresses&isFromSearch=true&isFrmTypeAhead=true&submit-search=tablet-ta-keyword

mmsmom
02-05-2018, 03:48 PM
Highly recommend Pink Princess. I have bought several special occasion dresses from them and they have great customer service and prices.

AnnieW625
02-05-2018, 03:55 PM
Not a communion dress, but I did buy multiple flower girl dresses on Amazon, but both times the bride had sent me a photo of the dress and the brand. I just made sure they had free shipping and free returns. I bought Dd1’s at a local children’s dress shop and it was $65 or $70 iirc. I think I looked online at Pink Princess for her as well, and I do remember a classmate of Dd1’s saying they got hers at Burlington. I thought the prices on Nordstrom were crazy high as well when I was looking in 2014, but I did buy flower girl dresses on sale through them as well.

This one is on sale at Nordstrom.com right now:
https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/us-angels-satin-dress-little-girls-big-girls/3441810?breadcrumb=Home%2FSale%2FKids%2FGirls%2FCl othing&top=72&flexi=8000786_8000802&color=%27White%27

This one is sold out, but you could at least look up the brand and style on Amazon.
https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/us-angels-box-pleat-lace-bodice-dress-little-girls-big-girls/3947977?breadcrumb=Home%2FSale%2FKids%2FGirls%2FCl othing&top=72&flexi=8000786_8000802&color=%27White%27

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SASM
02-05-2018, 05:42 PM
Do you have a Once Upon a Child in your area? I noticed that ours had a nice selection.

Another idea if it’s feasible...I actually had DDs communion dress made from my wedding gown. Both DDs wore it. A nice family heirloom that was A LOT cheaper than the other dresses and it looked soooo much nicer!

AnnieW625
02-05-2018, 06:01 PM
Do you have a Once Upon a Child in your area? I noticed that ours had a nice selection.

Another idea if it’s feasible...I actually had DDs communion dress made from my wedding gown. Both DDs wore it. A nice family heirloom that was A LOT cheaper than the other dresses and it looked soooo much nicer!

One of DD1’s friends had this done with her mom’s wedding dress. Mine was a lot beads on the bodice and in places over the skirt so I didn’t even look into this. DD2 is wearing the same dress I wore (as did my sister and my mom), but she loves vintage like clothes (she found a bunch of dresses my mom saved for me for some reason and they all scream early to mid 80s, but she loves them) so I am very happy I don’t have to find another dress (and if she changes her mind we have a flower girl dress she could wear as well as DD1’s dress).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gatorsmom
02-05-2018, 07:45 PM
We ordered several from Pink Princess and Nordstrom’s a couple years ago for Dd to try on and we were pleased with the selections. I did notice that it was hard to find her size the closer we got to April and May so you are smart to look now!

octmom
02-05-2018, 09:22 PM
My DD has this one four years ago and it was lovely. I think I paid more than this, but it is a bargain!

I bought a headband with small porcelain flowers on it from an Etsy seller and it looked great with the dress.

http://www.elitedresses.com/Girl_s_Pearl_Trimmed_Dress_with_Box_Pleats_p/d111.htm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk