PDA

View Full Version : What jeans would you buy if you could only have one pair?

bisous
02-07-2018, 10:49 AM
Updated in post 18!

Oh, and they have to be from Penneys, lol.

My mom is buying me jeans for my birthday. I have zero pairs without (unintentional) holes in them. I have lost 15 pounds in the past year (more actually but then gained some back during Christmas, darn it!) so my pants don't fit great either.

I need to know which kind of cut and rinse you would pick if you knew you could only have one pair. Penney's carries Levi's which have been good to me over the years but maybe even link me to some higher end looks that I might be able to copy.

I wear a size 8. I have curvy hips and a small waist and I'm 5'7.

Thank you!

SnuggleBuggles
02-07-2018, 11:02 AM
I’d personally pick a medium dark, straight pair. After that, you need to grab everything in your size, regardless of brand, and try them on. It’s annoying but it’s the best way. You might end up with a brand you never considered because they fit and look the best.

I do still like a boot cut too. You have to decide what looks best on you. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gymnbomb
02-07-2018, 11:16 AM
I would also do medium to dark straight cut. I also have curvy hips and a smaller waist, and have found the "curvy straight" cuts fit me best. They are very versatile and unlikely to go out of style before they are worn out (or ever). When I needed new jeans last fall I was very pleasantly surprised at how well Old Navy's curvy straight jeans fit me, and I was able to get a pair on sale for $15. But if it were my birthday gift from my Mom I'd at least try on some that were in the $50-100 price range. Loft used to have some good ones, not sure if they still carry that style.

bisous
02-07-2018, 04:03 PM
Ok thanks! I'll try a bunch. And a straightish leg and dark rinse is probably the best idea.

theriviera
02-07-2018, 04:44 PM
Do you have a gift card to Pennys, or is that the price range? i really like the true skinny jeans at gap and i have paid less than $50 for them.

AnnieW625
02-07-2018, 07:04 PM
Eddie Bauer curvy jeans are great. I have them in dark and medium rinse and a pair in each color in straight leg and boot cut.

georgiegirl
02-07-2018, 08:59 PM
I like Articles of Society from Nordstrom Rack. They are cute and comfy. I’m a little smaller than you but I have wide hips and a smaller waist.

Globetrotter
02-07-2018, 10:16 PM
NYDJ at Nordstrom rack
I would get a Dark wash – it will fade so may as well start out dark. I personally still wear boot cut LOL because that’s the most flattering for me. Clearly I don’t care about fashion trends.

You just have to try on a bunch and see what works. I recently bought some jeans with little gemstones on the pocket and I’ve lived to regret it because they keep falling off. Don’t make that mistake.

mom2binsd
02-08-2018, 01:31 AM
I'm not sure you will be happy with the selection at Penneys, can you look at other places, not more expensive but their jeans are sort of limited. You really need to try on a lot of styles to find what works.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

bisous
02-08-2018, 11:47 AM
I'm not sure you will be happy with the selection at Penneys, can you look at other places, not more expensive but their jeans are sort of limited. You really need to try on a lot of styles to find what works.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I’m stuck with Penney’s. I’ve got almost nothing right now so I’ll just do the best I can. Our debt payment/saving plan is going better than we anticipated so I’ll live in lesscute (but not ripped and fitting) jeans for the next bit.

I’m more afraid of getting dark rinse skinny only to find those are totally out and it’s all about light rinse boyfriend, lol. I just want my jeans to look invisible so if I wear them every day I can get away with it.

Thanks for the suggestions. I’m heading to the store today.

essnce629
02-08-2018, 12:56 PM
I wear Levi's 710 Super Skinny jeans pretty much every day!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

citymama
02-08-2018, 01:51 PM
NYDJ at Nordstrom rack
I would get a Dark wash – it will fade so may as well start out dark. I personally still wear boot cut LOL because that’s the most flattering for me. Clearly I don’t care about fashion trends.

You just have to try on a bunch and see what works. I recently bought some jeans with little gemstones on the pocket and I’ve lived to regret it because they keep falling off. Don’t make that mistake.

Bootcut gal here too! I like Mavi Ashley bootcut, but I'm not sure if they're sold at Penney's. I wear a size 27/4 and I also have curvier hips and small waist. I should try some straight leg styles - I just detest skinnies!

BTW, congrats on the 15lbs weight loss - woo hoo!

bisous
02-08-2018, 02:14 PM
I wear Levi's 710 Super Skinny jeans pretty much every day!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Ok those look like what I'm seeing on "the cool moms", lol. (That's a GOOD thing when we're talking fashion!) Levi's have been good to me forever and I know Penney's sells them. I'll try them out. I still have about (eek!) twenty pounds to go until I'm back to pre-kids sizes so we'll see if it is still a good fit.

bisous
02-08-2018, 02:14 PM
Bootcut gal here too! I like Mavi Ashley bootcut, but I'm not sure if they're sold at Penney's. I wear a size 27/4 and I also have curvier hips and small waist. I should try some straight leg styles - I just detest skinnies!

BTW, congrats on the 15lbs weight loss - woo hoo!

Thank you! I'll have to see about that brand. I haven't seen them at Penney's before but it has been a long time.

HannaAddict
02-08-2018, 03:20 PM
Joe’s Jeans from Nordstrom though. Skinnier vs boot cut but they have curvy cuts and some with a little stretch too. No recs for Penney’s. I would look for dark wash and whatever you get, fit is key and try on several styles to see what works for you. A great jean on one person can be non flattering on others.

baymom
02-08-2018, 04:47 PM
NYDJ at Nordstrom rack

I also live in bootcut jeans! I do realize that skinny is more popular, but I just don't feel confident in them, unless I'm wearing them with tall boots. I have two and one is from Loft and the other from Costco, of all places. I'm more of an apple shape and feel like bootcut balance out my proportions the best. Agree with everyone else to just go and try out a bunch in your size.

bisous
02-08-2018, 06:26 PM
Thanks guys. I've been wearing skinny or straight for the past couple years or so. I just feel like I'm nearing the end of the reign of the skinny jean and hate to buy something that's not still fashionable. Flares and boot cuts do look best on me but I can do skinny and make it work, even though I've still got some to lose. I just want one pair that feels updated and yet not too noticeable.

bisous
03-08-2018, 06:02 PM
Realized I never updated! I bought a pair of Levi's Mid Rise Skinny in a dark rinse. They've been extremely functional and it is so nice to have a new pair!! It was so important to try on a hundred different pair. I did like the super skinny too but couldn't find the right length in stock. The mid-rise skinny fit perfectly in length and girth, lol.

Thanks for all your help!