PDA

View Full Version : Olympics s/o--how can I watch?

bw52
02-07-2018, 03:37 PM
I've missed watching for years. We don't have cable and an antenna doesn't work in my neighborhood. The mountain blocks the signal so even the expensive ones don't pick up anything. we have Hulu, Netflix, and amazon prime, but as far as I can tell those won't get my the olympics.

Anybody have a suggestion? I would love to watch it with my kids.

ang79
02-07-2018, 03:53 PM
I've missed watching for years. We don't have cable and an antenna doesn't work in my neighborhood. The mountain blocks the signal so even the expensive ones don't pick up anything. we have Hulu, Netflix, and amazon prime, but as far as I can tell those won't get my the olympics.

Anybody have a suggestion? I would love to watch it with my kids.

The NBC Olympic website says they will have live streaming of all events, are you able to stream from a computer or device? We stream shows from our desk top with an HDMI cable hooked to the TV.

bisous
02-07-2018, 04:05 PM
The NBC Olympic website says they will have live streaming of all events, are you able to stream from a computer or device? We stream shows from our desk top with an HDMI cable hooked to the TV.

I would try this but in my experience this only worked if you could also prove you have a cable subscription. What worked for us is to sign up for Sling TV (I want to say we had to get Orange--$25 a month but can't remember which package it was--make sure it has NBC) and watching it through our Roku. Sling gives you regular TV access and it is how we watched the August 2016 Olympics.

ABO Mama
02-07-2018, 04:25 PM
Hmm, we can watch NBC (and other local channels) over the air with an antenna on the roof. Have you tried that? The weather sometimes affects our reception, super bowl day was one of those days. We were able to watch that using the fire stick on the tv. Amazon prime gets you nbc sports channel.

mom2binsd
02-08-2018, 01:22 AM
Do your parents or friends have cable and they could give you their login info, then steam from your phone to TV via chromcast or some other device.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk