PDA

View Full Version : Any fun things you do with another family when having them over for dinner?

ourbabygirl
03-25-2018, 09:37 PM
Kids are between 3 and 10. There won't be enough snow for sledding... all I can think of is board games or Xbox games like Just Dance. Any other ideas for something fun we can do? Maybe a craft of some sort? Or some fun food-making idea that's hands on (like pizzas)?

Thanks for your help! :)

SnuggleBuggles
03-25-2018, 09:41 PM
We just let them entertain themselves. [emoji6]

Make your own pizza, decorate cookies...only occupy them for like 10 minutes in my experience. Not really significant.

Our parents and their friends never organized anything. We always had a blast just doing our own thing.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StantonHyde
03-25-2018, 11:19 PM
I say turn em loose. But Win it in a Minute games are always fun.

hillview
03-26-2018, 07:54 AM
make your own ice cream sundae. Twister. Scavenger hunt.

squimp
03-26-2018, 01:36 PM
I would just let the kids play, and the adults drink, eat and listen to music. Other kids' toys are super interesting, we have a little girl who comes over and is just entranced with DD's old Littlest Pet Shop stuff, literally for hours. Lots of snacks for the kids. We didn't do TV or screens at those ages when we'd have people over.

I always encouraged my DD to recruit everyone to clean up before they leave, otherwise DD ends up with a huge mess in her room or playroom that she has to clean up on her own. She learned that several years back.