PDA

View Full Version : App for tracking kids’ money?

♥ms.pacman♥
03-25-2018, 09:56 PM
Any recommendations for iPhone apps geared towards tracking kids personal savings?? My kiddos are 7 and 8

Kids get money from grandparents for holidays and birthdays and keeping track of actual dollars and all the coins and which is whose drives me insane plus it clutters up the house. It be so much easier with an app to track the $ for each kid and then I or DH can just give them $ when they want to spend. Please tell me there is such thing :)

corrie23
03-25-2018, 10:09 PM
RoosterMoney. This is exactly what it does and I LOVE it!

niccig
03-26-2018, 12:07 AM
iMoney - you can have multiple kids and multiple accounts. We spilt DS’s allowance into savings and spending accounts

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

jerseygirl07067
03-26-2018, 01:04 AM
This is very interesting! I didn't know this existed! I just started using something for DH and I, which could be used in a similar fashion. It's a spending tracker app, called Good Budget. We kind of like the Dave Ramsey envelope system, so it's essentially the digital version. With the free version of the app you get 10 "envelopes" and you set the allotted amount. In your case, you could have a few, and one could be savings, one could be spending on toys, the other could be charitable giving, or something like that. And you can add money to the envelopes when they get additional gift money. Each time you make a purchase or spend the money, you just put in the amount, where it was spent, and what envelope it comes out of.

hillview
03-26-2018, 07:51 AM
We have Bank Of America and each kid has an account (saving) and I put all money in those accounts for them. I use the BOA app to check their balances and if they buy something I xfer that money to my checking account (and use a credit card or cash for what they want). It has worked very well for us (they also get allowances that automatically xfer to their accounts weekly from our checking account).