PDA

View Full Version : About to board an 8 hr flight and DS threw up this morning

jgenie
03-27-2018, 03:42 AM
Any tips or tricks on surviving this? I have a couple of small trash bags and crackers. I’m planning on buying a sprite after we get through security. We’re heading home so nowhere to stay tonight if we delay travel. Not sure we would be able to rebook four flights last minute either. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

liz
03-27-2018, 06:31 AM
oh no. Our doctor recommends benadryl for nausea. Plus it might help him sleep on the long flight?

doberbrat
03-27-2018, 07:15 AM
keep a change of clothes in your carry on for everyone!

anonomom
03-27-2018, 08:35 AM
If he's sick, I'd strongly urge you to find a place to stay tonight and delay flying until he's better. Your DS may make it through the flight ok, but if he throws up on the plane, you will have knowingly exposed hundreds of people to a stomach virus.

SnuggleBuggles
03-27-2018, 08:57 AM
I hope everything went ok. That’s miserable. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kep
03-27-2018, 09:06 AM
Keep the trash bags for bigger cleanups, extra clothes for everyone, and add lots of gallon size Ziplock brand bags. They are the bomb for puke. I can thank my previous bouts of HG for this knowledge. Also, light snacks such as crackers, applesauce etc.

ourbabygirl
03-27-2018, 09:42 AM
Oh, I'm so, so sorry, OP. What a horrible thing to have happen before traveling. Just sending hugs and PTs to you.

trcy
03-27-2018, 10:00 AM
No advice, but sending PT your way. Hopefully it was a one time thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

JamiMac
03-27-2018, 10:07 AM
If he throws up another time I would find a place to stay and go tomorrow. I would not want to deal with that on an airplane and would also feel awful exposing others to it.

georgiegirl
03-27-2018, 10:56 AM
Delay if the puking hasn’t stopped! Not fair to expose people on the plane to his GI bug. We’ve delayed before for puking. There’s just no way to contain the germs on a plane.

carolinamama
03-27-2018, 11:41 AM
I completely understand having a sick kid and being stranded far from home. Delaying, while often ideal, is just not always possible. I hope it was a one time thing and your flight home, if you decided to fly, went as well as could be expected.

BananaMama
03-27-2018, 01:40 PM
I've done that a few times, but on 3 hour flights. Get a bunch of bags, wet ones, and paper towels. Changes of clothing for everyone in the party just in case. As you board, collect as many barf bags as you can. As the flight attendants for supplies. Pray the sick kid sleeps most of the flight. Good luck and godspeed.

It's not always possible or affordable to change your travel plans. The one time I attempted to do so with a sick kid, my only option was to pay thousands to change my tickets at the last minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk