PDA

View Full Version : Hunter for Target

ang79
03-29-2018, 05:13 PM
I know how much love Hunter rain boots get on here and I just saw this on Target's web site: https://www.target.com/c/hunter-for-target/-/N-ay3d9

Looks like the women's boots will be $40. Starts April 14 if you're interested!

scrooks
03-29-2018, 06:32 PM
Ooh... I like the short boots (I’ve never tried the tall ones because I have never thought they would fit my big calves : )). I wonder how fast they will go....

jennilynn
03-31-2018, 09:59 AM
I’m excited about this! I’ve always been too cheap to get a regular pair (since I wear rainboots so infrequently) this is perfect for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pinkelephant
03-31-2018, 11:55 PM
Ooh... I like the short boots (I’ve never tried the tall ones because I have never thought they would fit my big calves : )). I wonder how fast they will go....

I have extraordinarily large calves (like wide calf isn’t usually big enough) and I had good luck with the short Hunters that have expandable backs.

magnoliaparadise
04-01-2018, 06:13 AM
Thanks, OP. I will definitely check this out. Every year, I put off buying rain boots or can't find ones I like- crazy. I love Hunger, but was appalled by their price and haven't yet bought them.
Weirdly, I find it's pretty easy to buy kids' rain boots. So my kids usually have great rain boots and I never have them!

AnnieW625
04-01-2018, 10:06 AM
I have extraordinarily large calves (like wide calf isn’t usually big enough) and I had good luck with the short Hunters that have expandable backs.

I got those as well earlier this year when I found a sale on Zappos and had a credit at Nordstrom and they price matched and I have been really happy with them. Unfortunately I haven’t had to wear them much.

I hope to get some of the Target ones for DD1.

pomegranate
04-01-2018, 10:37 AM
Early access for Red Card holders on April 7 at target.com. Select styles.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

pomegranate
04-01-2018, 10:39 AM
These are the early access items for sale: https://www.target.com/c/hunter-for-target-redcard-exclusives/-/N-vkg1q?lnk=REDcardexclusiv&ref=tgt_soc_elqpg&afid=FB_BR&cpng=Other_Other_one_GR

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

carolinacool
04-03-2018, 07:18 PM
I'm looking forward to this line but fear it will a repeat of the Lily Pulitzer fiasco of three or four years ago - resellers buying up everything and putting it on eBay. Plus, they are really limiting the number of stores carrying merchandise. I live in the third largest city in my state with three Targets, but the closest store carring anything is about an hour and a half away.

AnnieW625
04-03-2018, 07:28 PM
I'm looking forward to this line but fear it will a repeat of the Lily Pulitzer fiasco of three or four years ago - resellers buying up everything and putting it on eBay. Plus, they are really limiting the number of stores carrying merchandise. I live in the third largest city in my state with three Targets, but the closest store carring anything is about an hour and a half away.

I live minutes from the second largest city in LA County and I heard a rumor once the Target I shop at is the largest volume Target in the entire county, but that store isn’t getting the line. There are 6 stores in a 30 mile radius that are getting the line, but not necessarily ones that I would drive to in the early AM to wait in line to see the stock.

carolinacool
04-03-2018, 07:38 PM
Removed the link because it’s no longer working. See Candaceb’s tip below.

scrooks
04-03-2018, 08:37 PM
That’s weird. My local store is the smallest in the county but one of the only local stores getting the line. The much bigger store I typically go to is not getting the line. Hmmm...

ang79
04-03-2018, 08:39 PM
You can use this link to see if the line will be at your local store.

https://www.target.com/store-locator/find-stores/34547?storeEvent=h

Thanks! Out of my two local stores, one will be carrying the line. There are quite a few others in the central pa area that should be carrying it too.

magnoliaparadise
04-04-2018, 04:22 AM
You can use this link to see if the line will be at your local store.

https://www.target.com/store-locator/find-stores/34547?storeEvent=h

I found my store, but I can't see anything about the Hunter sale on it. Do we have to call directly?

candaceb
04-04-2018, 08:05 AM
I found my store, but I can't see anything about the Hunter sale on it. Do we have to call directly?

That link didn't work for me either - just took me to the regular "find a store". If you go on the Hunter page, scroll down to the red box that says "Available April 14" and then under that there is a link for the store search.
https://www.target.com/c/hunter-for-target/-/N-ay3d9

carolinacool
04-04-2018, 08:49 AM
Sorry! I’m not sure why it’s redirecting now.

khm
04-04-2018, 09:44 AM
Sorry! I’m not sure why it’s redirecting now.

I still see it. You enter your zip and it shows each store. Under each store's address and phone # it says

"Hunter for Target: Unavailable or Available" and under some
"Hunter for Target Plus Sizes" if available.

It seems random. For my nearest 8 Targets it is available at 3. There are no Plus Sizes available at the whole list of 20 stores.

magnoliaparadise
04-04-2018, 10:06 AM
I still see it. You enter your zip and it shows each store. Under each store's address and phone # it says

It seems random. For my nearest 8 Targets it is available at 3. There are no Plus Sizes available at the whole list of 20 stores.

I see it now. Thanks.
Yeah, they don't seem to have many stores with Plus Sizes and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason why the different stores have the Target sale or not. But the one closest to me does, woohoo!

NCGrandma
04-04-2018, 10:08 AM

The link that carolinacool posted still works for me, too. And I agree it seems pretty random. Both Targets in nearby Durham show "available" for regular sizes. Many other stores in the broader area show "unavailable, " but one store does have Plus Sizes.

Anyone know what Plus Size boots are? Are they just larger than, say, size 10, or are they wider-calf versions of most sizes?

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

khm
04-04-2018, 10:10 AM
The link that carolinacool posted still works for me, too. And I agree it seems pretty random. Both Targets in nearby Durham show "available" for regular sizes. Many other stores in the broader area show "unavailable, " but one store does have Plus Sizes.

Anyone know what Plus Size boots are? Are they just larger than, say, size 10, or are they wider-calf versions of most sizes?

I would assume wide calf width boots? Or are their clothing items? Not sure. Not a Hunter kinda gal.

carolinacool
04-04-2018, 01:59 PM
There are wide-calf boots, but as someone with wide calves, I'm dubious. Lol There's also a clothing line and some of that is available in plus.

westwoodmom04
04-05-2018, 09:32 AM
Apparently all the boots are headed to the midatlantic— four stores within a 10 minute drive of me are getting the line. We do get a lot of rain.

schrocat
04-05-2018, 10:04 AM
Unavailable in the Seattle area. Why? We get so much rain here.

khm
04-05-2018, 01:06 PM
Unavailable in the Seattle area. Why? We get so much rain here.

They must think you are all booted up!

AnnieW625
04-05-2018, 03:47 PM
Apparently all the boots are headed to the midatlantic— four stores within a 10 minute drive of me are getting the line. We do get a lot of rain.

We get 10” of rain here in SoCal on average (last year we got 20+, which happens about once every 10-12 years) and Sacramento gets at least 20” a year and none of the stores are getting them in the area even the ones in high income areas.

I am going to make an awful generalization here and I seriously hope I don’t offend but the areas closest to me (<than 15 miles) that are getting the line are highly Asian (Cypress, Torrance, and Gardena). Other area I can’t figure out are Santa Ana (W. 17th; not Grand and 17th.....I think this might an Asian demographic as well, but I don’t know that area, but it is close to downtown) and Orange (Tustin Ave) are getting it as well; but Irvine which is high income and Asian isn’t getting it at all.

NCGrandma
04-05-2018, 04:09 PM
We get 10” of rain here in SoCal on average (last year we got 20+, which happens about once every 10-12 years) and Sacramento gets at least 20” a year and none of the stores are getting them in the area even the ones in high income areas.

I am going to make an awful generalization here and I seriously hope I don’t offend but the areas closest to me (<than 15 miles) that are getting the line are highly Asian (Cypress, Torrance, and Gardena). Other area I can’t figure out are Santa Ana (W. 17th; not Grand and 17th.....I think this might an Asian demographic as well, but I don’t know that area, but it is close to downtown) and Orange (Tustin Ave) are getting it as well; but Irvine which is high income and Asian isn’t getting it at all.

Well, that certainly does not explain which NC Targets do or do not carry these [emoji6]

AnnieW625
04-05-2018, 10:32 PM
Well, that certainly does not explain which NC Targets do or do not carry these [emoji6]

Seriously just my theory, but yeah it would make sense to sell them in an area that either has no Hunter boot love or a lot of it it....here in SoCal they are very common. I got mine a few months ago and I love them and I only wear them when it is pouring so they should last years (people wear them here anytime it is overcast).

georgiegirl
04-05-2018, 11:36 PM
There are only 2 targets in my state that will get them. Those are in the “wealthier” areas. Fortunately my local target is one of them. Ill probably get short boots for DD and I to share.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scrooks
04-06-2018, 08:33 AM
Do we think the boots will also be available online?

carolinacool
04-06-2018, 09:46 AM
I think everything will be online. Even if stores are receiving merchandise, I don't think they will receive everything -- it's a pretty big line! Personally, I'm interested in:

Wide-calf boots
Rain jacket
umbrella

The totes/bags are cute, but I need another one of those like I need another hole in my head.

Twin Mom
04-06-2018, 11:39 AM
Does anyone know what time the early access for red cardholders starts tomorrow? All the targets near me appear to be getting the line but I'm guessing the selection will be smaller than online. If I am around at the right time I may try to get something that's an online exclusive!

FYI. If you have small feet you can wear the regular kids hunters. I wear a 6 ladies and the kids boots fit me fine.

lizzywednesday
04-06-2018, 01:13 PM
... Plus, they are really limiting the number of stores carrying merchandise. I live in the third largest city in my state with three Targets, but the closest store carring anything is about an hour and a half away.

I guess they're being more exclusive, but ... all the Target stores within a 20-25 minute drive of me will be carrying the Hunter stuff. Including the one 5 minutes away.

jam224
04-07-2018, 05:22 AM
Does anyone know what time the early access for red cardholders starts tomorrow? All the targets near me appear to be getting the line but I'm guessing the selection will be smaller than online. If I am around at the right time I may try to get something that's an online exclusive!

The Red Card exclusive is live now! It started at midnight Pacific. Grabbed one of their navy bum bags to try!

AnnieW625
04-08-2018, 07:54 PM
The Red Card exclusive is live now! It started at midnight Pacific. Grabbed one of their navy bum bags to try!

Do you have a link because I am logged into the app and and everything still shows as being available on 4/14. I am a red card holder and my card is linked.

jam224
04-08-2018, 09:11 PM
Do you have a link because I am logged into the app and and everything still shows as being available on 4/14. I am a red card holder and my card is linked.

Try this link: https://www.target.com/c/hunter-for-target-redcard-exclusives/-/N-vkg1q?lnk=REDcardexclusiv

A lot of stuff sold out quickly, but they have been restocking some things.

AnnieW625
04-08-2018, 09:38 PM
Thanks! I want the boots so I guess I will have to wait until they go on sale.

wallawala
04-14-2018, 06:27 PM
Opened today!

Anyone get something they love!?!?

jam224
04-14-2018, 07:33 PM
Opened today!

Anyone get something they love!?!?
I shopped online. Bought the navy raincoat for me in 2 sizes. I'll keep whichever size fits me best and return the other. Bought some slides for me in the kids size (yay for small feet!). Bought yellow boots and a yellow raincoat for DD1. I also bought the navy bum bag during the Red Card exclusive event. Haven't gotten anything yet to offer feedback though!

mmsmom
04-14-2018, 08:32 PM
There was a ton at my Target today. I was surprised it didn’t seem to be selling well. I didn’t get anything but was also surprised at the number of clothing items... not just coats. Just doesn’t seem to be what they are known for. The rubber bags were cute and seemed indestructible but were very heavy. I liked a rain jacket for DD but she didn’t like it.

georgiegirl
04-14-2018, 09:21 PM
Ladies boots were all gone by the time I was there at 10:30

carolinacool
04-14-2018, 09:50 PM
They actually didn’t have any of the tall ladies boots. They got pulled at the last minute last night and I read it was because of some quality issue that Hunter wasn’t happy with. A lot of stores had already put their stock out and when people took them to the registers today, I read that Target wouldn’t sell them.

I woke up at 3:05 this morning. LOL I bought a cooler, an umbrella and one of the rain jackets. I’m kind of wishing I had bought two sizes now because they’re all sold out. Then I placed a second order for pair of the booties. I think those ended up selling out within an hour or two, probably because the tall boots aren’t available yet.

jgenie
04-14-2018, 10:28 PM
I went to get soccer shorts for DS1. Completely forgot about the sale. Walked in at 8:05 and the shelves were cleared at my store. I really wanted a compact umbrella but they were all gone.

hellokitty
04-15-2018, 03:54 PM
So, not surprisingly, my store isn't on the list and I've watched sales for a LONG time for Hunters and can never find a good deal. I've seen a total ONE woman in my area with Hunters, 99.9% in my area have no clue what Hunter is. I ended up finding some cute plaid knee-high Chooka rainboots at DSW two months ago on clearance, that are wide calf and they are FANTASTIC, I have tried other brands before and have fallen in love with this pair. So, sour grapes on my part, but meh. I think that Hunter is going to Target, bc they realize that there are other brands just as good or better, who are more affordable. In the end you wear these boots for pure practicality.

carolinacool
04-20-2018, 12:38 PM
What a disaster. Target is dropping the tall boots completely. It seems like this whole deal was a bit rushed and there were big quality issues. http://www.startribune.com/women-s-tall-rain-boots-in-hunter-for-target-collection-won-t-be-sold-due-to-production-issues/480358663/

I ordered a pair of the booties, and there are some minor glue issues but I have to look really closely. But I've seen images on social media of others with major glue issues, uneven tops, scratches. The boots are supposed to be the stars of the show.

It's weird because the bags in particular have gotten rave reviews and been said to be well made (I'm kicking myself that I didn't get a tote). I'm taking my umbrella back because it's too small, but I really like my rain jacket and cooler.

keh602
04-20-2018, 02:22 PM
Huge bummer about the boots. I just received my pink slide sandals in the mail, and they are so cute and comfy! That was my only Target Hunter purchase, and if they hold up, I will be very happy.

I guess I was last at Target Monday evening, and there was still lots of Hunter left. None of the women's shoes, but the display racks were pretty full. That surprised me.

jam224
04-20-2018, 07:18 PM
It's weird because the bags in particular have gotten rave reviews and been said to be well made (I'm kicking myself that I didn't get a tote). I'm taking my umbrella back because it's too small, but I really like my rain jacket and cooler.
Tote bags and some jackets are back in stock!! https://www.target.com/c/hunter-for-target/-/N-ay3d9

carolinacool
04-20-2018, 07:38 PM
Thank you!!! I ordered the blue tote and one of those zip pouches. DH will kill me. Lol

SASM
04-20-2018, 08:16 PM
I bought a pair of navy & white slides. I hate my kids’ Adidas slides but am sooo loving these! Wish I was more adventurous with a brighter color but I didn’t want solids...I figured if they held up they’d look gross after a while, like my pink Vionics.