PDA

View Full Version : Should my SpeedQueen washer be stopping when on the gentlest cycle?

JustMe
04-01-2018, 11:49 AM
I have recently started to use the gentlest cycle on my SpeedQueen washer; I think it may be called hand wash, but not sure. I had never used this type of cycle before, but felt some of my sweaters needed it. Every time I use this cycle, it stops and with the clothes in standing water. I go to check on it when I think it should be done and find it this way. I waited a few minuetes but have never had the time to wait it out and see if it starts again, but I have just turned the knob on and off and moved it forward a little (basic SQ model) so it starts working again. I am wondering if it is supposed to do this as part of this cycle or not. Thanks!

PZMommy
04-01-2018, 11:51 AM
I have recently started to use the gentlest cycle on my SpeedQueen washer; I think it may be called hand wash, but not sure. I had never used this type of cycle before, but felt some of my sweaters needed it. Every time I use this cycle, it stops and with the clothes in standing water. I go to check on it when I think it should be done and find it this way. I waited a few minuetes but have never had the time to wait it out and see if it starts again, but I have just turned the knob on and off and moved it forward a little (basic SQ model) so it starts working again. I am wondering if it is supposed to do this as part of this cycle or not. Thanks!

When I wash clothes on the gentle cycle, it stops, and then starts again a few minutes later. I think it is part of the gentle wash cycle.

JustMe
04-01-2018, 11:53 AM
When I wash clothes on the gentle cycle, it stops, and then starts again a few minutes later. I think it is part of the gentle wash cycle.

Thank you. I thought this might be the case. I probably need to try this when I have time to wait it out and see if it starts again.