PDA

View Full Version : Gluten free food delivery

DualvansMommy
04-09-2018, 11:59 AM
Seems there is so many options out there, but I'd like to hear from those who have tried and enjoyed the food options. Sun basket is only one I heard of that offers a wide range of options with gluten free, paleo, etc. I also want a menu that is pretty straightforward, so I can replicate those myself down the road.

I'm putting this here for more traffic vs in cooking subform.

Pear
04-09-2018, 03:38 PM
I use Freshly for premade gluten free meals.

essnce629
04-09-2018, 04:26 PM
Yes, Sunbasket seems to be the best for specific dietary needs. DS1 can't have gluten, nuts, soy, or coconut and Sunbasket was the one company that had the most options (we've also tried Plated, Gobble, and Home Chef). I liked almost all of our Sunbasket meals but you do have to have kids that aren't super picky. My kids are pretty adventurous but we still had a few meals that they didn't love. I actually just canceled my subscription 2 weeks ago (after having it for more than a year) because I just need larger portions. I like having leftovers so I don't have to cook 2 days in a row and Sunbasket (or any meal kit) is only enough food for one dinner. Plus DS1 is 14 and eats a TON and the serving size wasn't enough for him. I usually had to add an additional side or salad and for all the money it costs I didn't feel like I should have to add to the meals. I did love not having to think about dinner twice a week though!!!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

DualvansMommy
04-09-2018, 09:12 PM
Yes, Sunbasket seems to be the best for specific dietary needs. DS1 can't have gluten, nuts, soy, or coconut and Sunbasket was the one company that had the most options (we've also tried Plated, Gobble, and Home Chef). I liked almost all of our Sunbasket meals but you do have to have kids that aren't super picky. My kids are pretty adventurous but we still had a few meals that they didn't love. I actually just canceled my subscription 2 weeks ago (after having it for more than a year) because I just need larger portions. I like having leftovers so I don't have to cook 2 days in a row and Sunbasket (or any meal kit) is only enough food for one dinner. Plus DS1 is 14 and eats a TON and the serving size wasn't enough for him. I usually had to add an additional side or salad and for all the money it costs I didn't feel like I should have to add to the meals. I did love not having to think about dinner twice a week though!!!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Quite helpful! seems like our dietary needs is bit similar. DS2 is like your DS1 with his allergens and his picky tastes makes it challenging to feed him at times. I have it down pat for him with 10 meals on rotation, so the sun basket would be for myself since DH and DS1 have good healthy appetites who eat second helpings, snack etc. So the portions from Sunbasket wouldn't satisfy them, but perfect for me. It's mostly for the summer since I want to reduce my cooking time/efforts while kids are off school and we're all out at the pool daily, so something that's already bought, put together, etc and all ive to do is cook sound appealing to me!

georgiegirl
04-09-2018, 09:41 PM
Sunbasket is great! If my kids and husband weren’t so picky, I’d order it every week.