PDA

View Full Version : Help me dress the family for pictures

trcy
04-17-2018, 01:32 PM
I want to get family pictures done, but I am struggling with what everyone should wear. I see ideas on Pinterest that I like, but then I cannot find similar clothes. I wish I could buy a set of clothes for the family that someone (that knows what they are doing) has put together. Does anything like that exist? Any other ideas? I have the fashion sense of a twig. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

georgiegirl
04-17-2018, 01:38 PM
Old navy usually has kids clothing of the same color scheme. Probably adult too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BDKmom
04-17-2018, 01:46 PM
I am by no means super fashionable, but I will share what I typically do. My family consists of me and DH, DS, and DD. I usually find something I like for DD that is a print, usually a dress. Nothing too wild, but something with several nice colors, then pull those colors for the rest of us. For instance, one year she wore a navy dress with purple flowers. DS wore a gray and navy plaid (subdued) dress shirt with a navy tie, I wore a solid purple shirt and jeans, and DH wore a gray button down with jeans. I find that having a starting point is the hardest part. Once I find an inspiration piece with a few colors to pull from, things fall into place after that. It probably helps that we like casual dress for our family pics. If you want something more formal, I'm no help.

trcy
04-17-2018, 01:47 PM
Old navy usually has kids clothing of the same color scheme. Probably adult too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was actually trying to look at their site earlier today, but it was super slow and kept kicking me off. I’ll look again later, thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

marymoo86
04-17-2018, 02:01 PM
Pick the kids outfits first then layer in you and DH.

Typically we do Matilda Jane and have done Tea Collection - they are great for coordinating.

specialp
04-17-2018, 02:59 PM
I go the opposite and start with the person who is hardest to dress. In my case it is me, but it could be a picky DH or a teenager, etc. Whomever is hardest to find clothes they are willing to wear you need to find an outfit for and then pick colors that coordinate (I prefer not to match). If you have a child wearing matilda jane, I agree you need to start there and coordinate around because they have such big patterns.

bisous
04-17-2018, 03:51 PM
I go the opposite and start with the person who is hardest to dress. In my case it is me, but it could be a picky DH or a teenager, etc. Whomever is hardest to find clothes they are willing to wear you need to find an outfit for and then pick colors that coordinate (I prefer not to match). If you have a child wearing matilda jane, I agree you need to start there and coordinate around because they have such big patterns.

This is my strategy as well. I personally know I won't love the pictures unless I love the way I look (isn't that so, so vain but it is true!) so I dress myself first and then work with what the kids have.