PDA

View Full Version : Electric Razor????

hbridge
04-19-2018, 07:17 PM
So my tween daughter has FINALLY decided to start shaving her legs. The little electric razor that I bought does not seem to be working very well for her (I think it's a Conair). Do you wise parents have any recommendations?

She refuses to use a standard razor and I don't have any experience with electric.

mom2binsd
04-19-2018, 07:32 PM
Did you try a nice razor, my DD has been using a Schick hydroglide razor for years, since she was 10 actually. They aren't that cheap but work well, we don't change the blades as often as we should but haven't had any issues. Maybe let her pick one out? Why does she "refuse", did she have a bad experience with one? I remember as a teen I used a cheap bic razor, I didn't know any better, the better quality ones are much easier and you don't cut yourself at all.

I've never used an electric razor so no help.

robinsmommy
04-19-2018, 08:34 PM
I, too, had a bad experience with a Bic razor as a teen. And then my grandma gifted me some antique 1940’s electric one that I used for awhile.

I agree that you need to get a good razor with refillable blades.

Don’t go the route of epilator type things (hair yankers). They tend to cause ingrown hairs.

georgiegirl
04-19-2018, 08:44 PM
My 12 year old uses my Venus disposable razor. She’s only had one small nick. She started shaving her legs unbeknown to me a few months ago. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

klwa
04-20-2018, 06:54 AM
I was scared of standard razors for a long time, so I used Nair instead. Maybe that would be a starting point?

hbridge
04-20-2018, 06:55 AM
It MUST be electric. DD is terrified to do this and has barely agreed to try. One cut and she will NEVER try again. Also, I can barely get her to use shampoo in the shower, she will never use a razor that she is terrified of!

I think the only reason she has even agreed to give it a try is a peer gave her a hard time!

hbridge
04-20-2018, 06:56 AM
I was scared of standard razors for a long time, so I used Nair instead. Maybe that would be a starting point?

That's an idea I had not thought of... Does nair sting at all?

trcy
04-20-2018, 07:12 AM
That's an idea I had not thought of... Does nair sting at all?

Get the one for sensitive skin and make sure it’s completely washed off.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

mikala
04-20-2018, 09:36 AM
Get the one for sensitive skin and make sure it’s completely washed off.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)I tried Nair years ago, followed the instructions to a t and it burned my sensitive skin like crazy and smelled terrible. I'd try another electric razor with a reluctant kiddo before I tried chemicals again.

You might want to make sure the razor she's using is fully cleaned out. I used one for a bit and it clogged up super quickly and stopped working well when you trimmed full length hair. Subsequent trims were a lot quicker because the smaller hairs didn't get stuck as much as the longer ones.

SnuggleBuggles
04-20-2018, 10:01 AM
I use Nair regularly on my bikini area. It doesn’t irritate me at all but I’d recommend trying it in a small spot first.
I’ve never used an electric razor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk