PDA

View Full Version : Hand towels with loop on long side of towel?

RedSuedeShoes
04-20-2018, 03:52 PM
I have used the IKEA hand towels and bath towels for years specifically because they have a loop for hanging them up. They also tend to dry quicker bc they are thinner. The past few years, though, they've switched to putting the loop on the short side of their hand towels which I HATE. It makes the towels hang weirdly, and we keep our trash can under our bathroom hand towel hook so hanging the towels the other way would mean the towel is in the trash can!

I've been hoping IKEA will get their act together and abort the short-side-loop experiment but they don't seem to be changing it back yet! Meanwhile, my towels are getting grungier and grungier. I've already boiled them several times which helps but they still need replacing.

Anyone know of another manufacturer who puts loops on the "right" side??

BunnyBee
04-20-2018, 07:54 PM
If you can sew at all, it’s an easy thing to hack.

azzeps
04-22-2018, 02:04 PM
Even if you had a friend that has a sewing machine, that would be a super easy fix. And I know what you mean, because I have those same towels, and have always thought that the loop ought to be on the long side of the hand towel.... but I never thought about moving it! Now I'm going to! It would be as easy as cutting it off and sewing it back on the other side! You might be able to hand sew them on, too.