PDA

View Full Version : S/O: when to have the baby shower?

AnnieW625
04-24-2018, 05:52 PM
I am not planning the shower (although I would love to, but it will be given by Mom to be’s maternal aunts, and two maternal cousins) but the mom to be is my cousin. My sister (who is super close with our cousin) told me that the baby shower won’t be until at least August 25th (because cousin B is getting married on August 11th and it has to be after that) and the baby is due in mid September....it seems awfully late to have a shower? I had mine at 10 weeks and 6 weeks prior to my due date. Just curious if there is a norm about that.

FWIW my DD1 was 2 weeks early and DD2 was a week early and tbh with both of them by 36 weeks I was ready to just hang out at home and do very little other than go to work for two more weeks before starting maternity leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BunnyBee
04-24-2018, 06:08 PM
Nah, not too late. You really don't need all that much at the beginning anyway. Some people don't have them until after the baby is born. I don't know if there is a norm these days. People are so busy and so different. A friend had one when I would consider "early" at not even 6 mos because that was when her sister could be in town. Whatever works. :)

klwa
04-24-2018, 09:16 PM
If I were planning it, that would be closer to the due date than I would be comfortable. But, so long as it's relatively close to the Mom to be's home, I don't think it's TOO late. Just later than air would want to do it.

vonfirmath
04-25-2018, 01:45 PM
I am not planning the shower (although I would love to, but it will be given by Mom to be’s maternal aunts, and two maternal cousins) but the mom to be is my cousin. My sister (who is super close with our cousin) told me that the baby shower won’t be until at least August 25th (because cousin B is getting married on August 11th and it has to be after that) and the baby is due in mid September....it seems awfully late to have a shower? I had mine at 10 weeks and 6 weeks prior to my due date. Just curious if there is a norm about that.

FWIW my DD1 was 2 weeks early and DD2 was a week early and tbh with both of them by 36 weeks I was ready to just hang out at home and do very little other than go to work for two more weeks before starting maternity leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had mine in mid-July for a baby born AUgust 3. (I think due AUgust 4? or 5?) That doesn't seem too late at all.

DualvansMommy
04-25-2018, 01:51 PM
Honestly I think it really varies now. Depends on mom to be with her family (ie mostly local or out of state) usually with out of state family and friends, the earlier it is like mine was.

But now the baby sprinkle is more of a thing among younger generations especially if FTM are more established older.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro