PDA

View Full Version : Help! Teacher gift ideas!

cookiemonster198
04-26-2018, 03:04 PM
I need some serious help with ideas for teacher gifts- preferably around $15-$20

SnuggleBuggles
04-26-2018, 03:07 PM
Gift card with a thank you note from you and your kiddo. It's been pretty unanimous from all the teachers I know that they don't want or need stuff. I like to do something like a gift card to a big movie theater chain so they can take in a movie over summer break but Target or a good restaurant will do.

PZMommy
04-26-2018, 03:45 PM
Gift card!!! Doesn’t matter where to or how much.

candaceb
04-26-2018, 04:40 PM
gift card.
they do not need tote bags, thermal mugs, cutesy junk to sit around their house any more than you do.

khm
04-26-2018, 06:04 PM
I need some serious help with ideas for teacher gifts- preferably around $15-$20

Gift card. They get so many items they do not need. Seriously, think of the dozens and dozens of items over the past many years since pinterest has been a thing. Get them $ and a legit thankful thank you note.

mmsmom
04-26-2018, 07:17 PM
Agreeing with gift card or something for their classroom... books or other things they may spend their own money on.

mom2binsd
04-26-2018, 08:42 PM
I have so many teacher friends, and they have cupboards of gifts they never use, simply because they get so many and some aren't their taste.

Gift cards and a special note, they do love getting those, get your child to write part of it though, and it doesn't have to be perfect.

If you see that she always has a starbucks in her hand go there, if you must, get a nice tumbler etc, but honestly a Target GC or something universal like that is best, and 20.00 is appropriate, less is fine too. THEY DO NOT compare who gives what and how much.

Reyadawnbringer
04-26-2018, 08:42 PM
I usually look at the supply list and buy several of the more expensive / harder to get items or I will just buy everything on the list x2 so that they have extras next year in case kids run out or their parents didn't send them with any. Occasionally I will just get a gift card.

DS1 - 9!
DS2- Expected 07/18

Peaches Keane
04-27-2018, 04:10 PM
Former teacher. Gift card. I gave Macy’s gift cards to all my son’s teachers and assistants last year. They were THRILLED!

baymom
04-27-2018, 06:37 PM
I always give a heartfelt note of appreciation and an Amazon/Trader Joe's/Target gift card. I used to give gift cards to stores I thought might feel like a fun splurge to the teacher, but then another Mom pointed out that if they can't buy an entire thing with the quantity of the gift card, it may suck for them to have to spend their own money on something they might not have otherwise. Not sure if I described that well! So, now I stick to more boring places, but where everyone can easily find SOMETHING to buy.

georgiegirl
04-27-2018, 06:48 PM
Target gift card (or Starbucks if I know they love Starbucks)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

boilermakermom
04-28-2018, 05:13 PM
I usually do Amazon or Target gift card and pair it with a hand written note from the kiddos.

mmsmom
04-29-2018, 04:56 AM
We have a local market with produce, gardening supplies and prepared food across from our school. I do gift cards from there as teachers can use it to grab lunch, coffee or dinner or the way home.