PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here done surrogacy?

petesgirl
04-30-2018, 12:17 PM
My SIL is just starting the legal process to be a gestational carrier and she was telling us some of the things in her contract--like it dictates exactly how much water she has to drink each day, how much time she can spend in the sun, how long she can be outside on days when pollution reaches a certain level, etc. It got me curious to hear experiences of people who have been involved with surrogacy! Also, how can they really regulate all that stuff? I mean, its her word whether she actually complies with the contract, its not like someone else is with her 24-7 to be sure she doesn't fudge.

SnuggleBuggles
04-30-2018, 12:59 PM
She shouldn't enter into a contract that she isn't comfortable with. The parents are counting on her to be honest and if she can't, then she shouldn't do it. It's a serious commitment and she should carefully hash out the contract with them and a lawyer representing her.

petesgirl
04-30-2018, 01:01 PM
She shouldn't enter into a contract that she isn't comfortable with. The parents are counting on her to be honest and if she can't, then she shouldn't do it. It's a serious commitment and she should carefully hash out the contract with them and a lawyer representing her.

I think she does have a lawyer of her own. But, she also has two young kids-a 3 yr old and an 18 month old and I don't *I* could be that consistent with some of the things she was talking about. But, she is fine with it. :)

HannaAddict
04-30-2018, 11:51 PM
Our friends who are men and married (together 25+years) has a surrogate for their 15 year old and 10 year old. Same surrogate. Even though the surrogate was a republican, she chose them because they met and got along well and didn’t care about micromanaging her. She said the traditional couples she met all had every bit of minutiae spelled out, crazy dietary restrictions and were just out of control. The kids are great and it is a wonderful family. But I hear the contracts and demands of potential parents to be are insane. As the surrogate and someone who is desirable (not a train wreck) she should push back on crazy demands and have reasonable terms and her lawyer should advocate for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk