PDA

View Full Version : Plus-size clothing for very hot climate?

alootikki
05-09-2018, 09:02 PM
My mom is very overweight (obese) - she wears 2x on both top and bottom. She typically wears ethnic Indian clothes (saris, long tunic tops,etc) but her Western wardrobe is very "blah" - cheap cotton t-shirts and ill-fitting pants, she's never wanted to spend much on clothes because she's always on a diet and planning to lose a lot of weight (I can unfortunately relate to this now!)

Anyway, my parents are going on an African safari vacation this summer with friends, and she's asked me to help her buy some nicer outfits for the trip. Any tips on where to get lightweight, fashionable plus-size outfits? Thanks!

candaceb
05-09-2018, 09:15 PM
JJill Wearever collection
https://www.jjill.com/shop/collections/wearever?facet=ads_f10003_ntk_cs%3A%22Womens%22&facetLimit=&orderBy=&pageView=grid&pageSize=36&facetApplied=true&productBeginIndex=0

you might find some tops in the activewear sections of Lands End and Target (online).

Mikey0709
05-10-2018, 09:25 AM
Agree with Lands End online, but I'm not a fan of Target clothes.

Depending on her style - i would try Lane Bryant. They've come a long way and alot of their styles are very young/fashionable now. I would certainly think she could get great basics there like t-shirts in a variety of colors. I've seen some more modern tees with a swing bottom, and the nice part is that they are cut for a plus size for comfort and coverage.

Guess i was kinda surprised that Lane Bryant even starts alot of their clothes and lingerie at a size 12 now.... never looked at that as a plus size!

For lower priced items I always also seem to find a top or two at Marshalls and TJ Maxx. They don't have a big department, but worth a look for latest fashion/trends.