PDA

View Full Version : Having the hardest time with fitting these birkenstocks correctly- please help!

Pilotbaby
06-06-2018, 08:47 AM
Hello everyone,
I have made a couple of posts about my upcoming trip and shoes for my plantar fasciitis. I bought the recommended birkenstocks but had several comments they were too big. I just got the smaller size and while they look better on the front, I feel like my heel is back to far and standing on the raised part. Attaching photos of both pairs hoping a more experienced birkenstock wearer can help me choose the right ones:) Photos with lavender pj's are the smaller size:)

almostmom
06-06-2018, 09:15 AM
Personally, I would go with the bigger size, as long as the straps feel good. I don't like when my heels or toes rest on the slanted part of birks. And I think they look fine.

NCGrandma
06-06-2018, 09:39 AM
Personally, I would go with the bigger size, as long as the straps feel good. I don't like when my heels or toes rest on the slanted part of birks. And I think they look fine.

I agree — you want your heels "cupped" by the heel part, not resting on it. Love the PJs, by the way!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

bisous
06-06-2018, 09:45 AM
I agree — you want your heels "cupped" by the heel part, not resting on it. Love the PJs, by the way!

Yes to the cute pjs! (I have no opinion on the birkenstocks as I have never worn them.)

Pilotbaby
06-06-2018, 09:46 AM
Thank you- they are Life is Good and so comfy! I adjusted the straps on the shoes and that seems to help a bit. I have been wearing the smaller pair around the house a bit and just tried the larger ones and now I am leaning towards the smaller because the straps feel more comfortable. For some reason I can't get the larger ones to fit just right. UGH

SnuggleBuggles
06-06-2018, 09:47 AM
They aren’t the most amazing shoes in the world despite their loyal fan base. :) If they aren’t working for you, try something else.
FYI- Nordstrom is the place to go (and I’m sure other stores) because you can actually wear them and return if they are no good. Obviously one shouldn’t abuse that policy but sometimes actually putting them to use is the only way to know if they fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kindra178
06-06-2018, 10:16 AM
Is your heel on top of the cup or adjacent the cup? From the pic, it looks adjacent to, but not on top of. Does that make sense?

twowhat?
06-06-2018, 10:31 AM
I'd go with the smaller size and loosen the band closest to your heel a notch if you feel like your foot needs to move up a little. The heel cup is going to compress a bit to mold to your foot.

But that's just based on the pictures.

Walk around - which pair feels more secure??

Pilotbaby
06-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Its not on top of it when I stand still but when I walk, it feels like it is landing on the rough edge a bit. I adjusted the straps and that seemed to help a bit.

Is your heel on top of the cup or adjacent the cup? From the pic, it looks adjacent to, but not on top of. Does that make sense?

sariana
06-06-2018, 12:00 PM
They aren’t the most amazing shoes in the world despite their loyal fan base. :) If they aren’t working for you, try something else.
FYI- Nordstrom is the place to go (and I’m sure other stores) because you can actually wear them and return if they are no good. Obviously one shouldn’t abuse that policy but sometimes actually putting them to use is the only way to know if they fit.

This. It sounds as though this brand is not a good fit for you. I would look for something else.

JamiMac
06-06-2018, 06:11 PM
I would go with the smaller size. They'll stretch a bit and your foot will sink into the cup more.

AnnieW625
06-06-2018, 07:57 PM
The smaller ones look like they fit better, but honestly I would try the narrow width if you haven’t already done that as well or try a style that tends to run narrow. You have already tightened them almost as far as you can and they still look a little loose.

I do agree that Nordstrom has a good return policy, but they don’t carry all of the styles. I believe Zappos has a similar policy as well.

I would look at other brands as well if you just can’t get a good fit.

Kindra178
06-06-2018, 09:55 PM
While birks aren’t for everyone, they are one of a couple brands that make stylish shoes for people with horrible foot issues. I would try other Birk styles if you think this style runs too wide.

Also, the traditional footbed, although more firm, is actually more comfy for me. And, perhaps more importantly, the traditional footbed Arizona runs more narrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

MontrealMum
06-07-2018, 07:50 AM
I don’t know where you are, but if you have a full service, specialty shoe store where you live I’d go there. Let them fit you. Not all Birks work for all people. I’ve worn Birks for years but never the Arizona.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)