PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Comfort Shoe Brands?

RiverRat
08-30-2018, 10:12 AM
Looking for your favorite shoe brands. Hoping to discover ones I’ve never heard of :)

I’ll go first:
Vionic. I love every pair I have bought from this company.

FitFlops. I love love love these shoes.

Dr. Martens. I’ve rediscovered after wearing them in the 90s to be “cool”. Ha. I’m so not cool.

Hope you all have some new ideas for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

wendibird22
08-30-2018, 11:01 AM
Dansko: I have sandals, wedges, and heels. I adore them all. So worth the cost and basically the only high heeled dress shoe my high arches can tolerate.
Birkenstock: I've been a loyal wearer since the 90s. I now have 4 pair in rotation all summer long. I hate to see the summer end and with it, the end of Birk season.
Haflinger: best clogs that I wear in winter as my slippers. They make slippers too, but I prefer the clogs with a regular, outdoor sole.

mikala
08-30-2018, 11:07 AM
I've had good luck with Born, Blondo and Clarks for boots.

In the summer I love crocs sandals like the Isabella t-strap.

Target has stepped up their shoe game and now sells surprisingly comfy flats in wide widths. I sometimes add an insole or heel pad.

candaceb
08-30-2018, 04:15 PM
Munro for dress/dressier/office appropriate shoes

smiles33
08-30-2018, 05:41 PM
I love my Cole Haan wedges (I have 5 different pairs!) for work. I like them far more than the Vionic wedges I first bought when I started having foot pain. I have had plantar fasciitis, heel pain, and some nerve issue on the fatty part of my foot near my toes over the past 3-5 years. Before I had feet issues, I used to love my Born ballet slipper/flats and my Sanuk flip flops, but my podiatrist says flats and flip flops are the worst shoes for people with feet issues.

For more casual outings, I like my Ecco Damara sandals and Dansko Season sandals. They provide a lot of support for finicky feet.

citymama
08-30-2018, 07:04 PM
Love Ahnu but #@$Teva bought them and basically killed the brand. So mad at them for it!

I own Ahnu sandals, Dansko sandals and boots, Birkenstocks sandals, Merrell and Vasque hiking boots and Brooks sneakers. The Brooks and Ahnus are the most comfortable for me by far. I love the Naot footbeds but they're too narrow for me.

As someone with crazy sensitive feet, I can attest that Borns are not true comfort shoes - they're attractive, but the stiff leather and soles just don't cut it. That said, I have a favorite pair of Born MJs that I love (appearance wise) but can only wear in short installments.

I tried on a pair of FitFlops and couldn't believe how comfy they were! Do they make "pretty" styles?

WatchingThemGrow
08-31-2018, 05:59 AM
Dansko, Birkenstock, Merrell (also boots), Sorel boots and slippers, Nike Air Structure

boilermakermom
08-31-2018, 03:10 PM
Birkenstock. All the time. I love them!!!!!

acmom
08-31-2018, 03:12 PM
I love Fly London shoes- I bought one pair at a local boutique (dressy-ish sandals) and was amazed how comfortable they were. A friend who works on her feed all day swears by them too.

Globetrotter
08-31-2018, 05:26 PM
Aside from my fit flops, I’ve recently discovered the woolen All birds! I thought they were all hype but wow, these things are so comfortable, like walking on cushions!

I have fussy, wide, plantar fasciitis-affected flat fleet. I have to wear fit flops, super feet inserts or similar arch support at all times, but I am able to wear the All birds with the original insert. I’ve recently started using them for walking around the city for hours at a time. they are washable, though I’ve never tried it, and can be worn with or without socks.

echoesofspring
09-03-2018, 12:00 PM
My recent favs shoes have been Romika and Cobb Hill (plus several of the ones mentioned above). Miz Mooz they aren't usually classified as a comfort brand but I have a pair of boots I've worn all over town, and I like their heels. I also do well with Sofft for heels.

ourbabygirl
09-09-2018, 12:52 AM
Yep, for me (bunions + plantar fasciitis), I buy
Vionic
Birkenstock
Clarks
Born
Gentle Souls (by Kenneth Cole, I believe)
Fly London

solsister
09-17-2018, 04:33 AM
I sell on eBay, and I LOVE to find and sell a good comfort shoe (and wear one!). The ones that sell the best for me, over and over are:
NAOT is number 1, by far. They are loved by so many people!
Mephisto
Birkenstock
Romika
Vionic
Abeo
Rieker
Olu Kai
Dansko ( i don't find them comfy at all)
Mix Mooz sell well, also. I've sold a few pairs of boots, and booties.