PDA

View Full Version : Starbucks

DualvansMommy
10-24-2018, 11:36 PM
With all the heavy news lately and upcoming mid terms elections, thought I’d share something lighthearted!

I’m actually not a fan of Starbucks. It opened recently in D.C, so stop by if you’re in the area to pick up few fun phases in ASL [emoji106]

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/business/2018/10/23/starbucks-opens-first-us-sign-language-store-with-murals-tech-pads-fingerspelling/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jenstring95
10-24-2018, 11:55 PM
This is awesome! I hope more places follow suit.

calebsmama03
10-24-2018, 11:57 PM
I saw it on the news this morning. So great! I took ASL as one of my languages in college and really wish I'd kept taking classes.

citymama
10-25-2018, 04:16 AM
That's so great!

wendibird22
10-25-2018, 01:23 PM
I was so excited to see this. I actually know (professionally, but not a good friend) the store manager. I wish a store like that would come to my area. We have a very robust deaf community.

DualvansMommy
10-25-2018, 02:50 PM
I was so excited to see this. I actually know (professionally, but not a good friend) the store manager. I wish a store like that would come to my area. We have a very robust deaf community.

Rumor supposedly have ongoing discussion of opening another store in Rochester, NY due to the large Deaf community. We shall see if it pans out, it'll be great if it does!

lizzywednesday
10-25-2018, 03:21 PM
... It opened recently in D.C, so stop by if you’re in the area to pick up few fun phases in ASL [emoji106]

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/business/2018/10/23/starbucks-opens-first-us-sign-language-store-with-murals-tech-pads-fingerspelling/

Cool story; when you wrote that it was in DC I wondered how close to Gallaudet it was (forgot how many WaPo articles I've read this month already, so didn't immediately open) and that question was answered in the 2nd paragraph!

I'm the world's worst finger-speller; I "bounce" my hand, which I now know makes me hard to understand, so I'd have to practice really hard to make myself understood. (Which is a roundabout way to say I really think it'd be great to learn more ASL than the little I remember from middle school.)

wendibird22
10-26-2018, 05:53 AM
Rumor supposedly have ongoing discussion of opening another store in Rochester, NY due to the large Deaf community. We shall see if it pans out, it'll be great if it does!

That would be so awesome. I hope those rumors are true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk