PDA

View Full Version : S/O talk to me about coloring hair

trcy
10-28-2018, 07:01 AM
I don't color my hair and maybe I should. I have quite a few greys, but I just can't justify the cost having it done professionally. I have tried the at home box stuff before, but it makes my scalp itchy and burns. It feels fine after, but the process is very uncomfortable. I also can't imagine it's the healthiest stuff for your hair. I thought about trying henna, but I hear it's a major process. Any other thoughts? What do you do?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

hillview
10-28-2018, 08:19 AM
I get mine done with an organic product at the hair dressers. It is so much better than the other stuff. HTH

JustMe
10-28-2018, 08:07 PM
If you really want to color your hair and have a Sally's near you, you might want to go in there and see what they recommend or what choices they would give you; in general they are very helpful IMHO.

legaleagle
10-28-2018, 08:17 PM
I use Madison reed and it’s great - I used to get it done at the salon but it took forever and the cost was ridiculous for single process. I actually like the color I have at home better because every single person who would color my hair made it too red and it would get brassy. I have very dark brown cool toned/ashy hair (classic winter coloring). DH will help so that I don’t miss any spots.

almostmom
10-29-2018, 11:25 AM
At my salon, I have the option for an express color. It is an Aveda salon, so the product is great, it costs $27, and they just do the roots. I go about every 5-6 weeks. I don't ever need to do a full color. If you can find a place that does that, you could do an all over color the first time, and after that, just do the roots. My grey is mostly in the front, but it's starting to spread... the express root color does the trick. Maybe twice a year they put an all over toner on, which gets rid of any brassiness. So something to consider.

SnuggleBuggles
10-29-2018, 11:31 AM
I use Natural Instincts every few weeks to cover my little patch of grays. I like that it's semi permanent so it just washes out over time vs having roots to maintain. I have also had semi permanent coloring done at the salon. I've had highlights at other points as well but I hate the upkeep and expense though the finished product is nice.