PDA

View Full Version : Best console to play Minecraft?

jennilynn
10-29-2018, 02:15 PM
Getting a head start on holiday shopping [emoji6] My two older kids like to play Minecraft together. Right now they just have the pocket version on their Fire tablets but it’s constantly glitching and crashing. Thinking of either a Switch or Xbox for Christmas. They will share as I don’t want to buy two (an extra controller is fine.) Which is better for playing together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mom2binsd
10-29-2018, 03:19 PM
I can't see their ages on mobile, but I'd go with the Xbox one, lots of other gaming opportunities and most others have it to so they can play with friends.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles
10-29-2018, 03:28 PM
I'd look more long range at the other titles available on devices. My kids are much, much more into Nintendo offerings than XBox ones. Zero interest in sports games, for starters. The PS4 gets a lot of use but they've never expressed any interest in an XBox. However, every group of friends is different. If all their friends have XBoxes then eventually your kids will probably want one too to play online games together.
One extra plus for the Switch though is the portability. It's been great for road trips and vacations!

mom2khj
10-29-2018, 03:52 PM
My kids have always preferred the PC version of Minecraft over any other. That being said, the platform they use the most when not on the computer is the Xbox version (though that *may* be because of availability - I cannot remember if we have it for the Wii U or not).

I agree with PP to consider other titles they would be interested in. Sports, definitely go the Xbox route. But if they'd more prefer the Mario type games, then go with Nintendo.

jennilynn
10-29-2018, 04:08 PM
I can't see their ages on mobile, but I'd go with the Xbox one, lots of other gaming opportunities and most others have it to so they can play with friends.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sorry they are 8 and almost 10. Thanks for weighing in!

jennilynn
10-29-2018, 04:11 PM
My kids have always preferred the PC version of Minecraft over any other.

See we originally planned to buy older DS a PC but realized then they couldn’t play together (unless we bought two!) So a console seems to be better for that option.

essnce629
10-29-2018, 09:02 PM
I'd look more long range at the other titles available on devices. My kids are much, much more into Nintendo offerings than XBox ones. Zero interest in sports games, for starters. The PS4 gets a lot of use but they've never expressed any interest in an XBox. However, every group of friends is different. If all their friends have XBoxes then eventually your kids will probably want one too to play online games together.
One extra plus for the Switch though is the portability. It's been great for road trips and vacations!Yes to this. 15 year old DS1 uses his PC and PS4 exclusively. 9 year ago DS2 uses the Switch. Neither have any interest in sports games.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk