PDA

View Full Version : What did you do for your DH's 40th birthday?

ourbabygirl
11-02-2018, 11:59 PM
I'd like to at least make some sort of book of '40 things we love about you' (kids and I write, and try to get family and friends to send me some thoughts, as well). My mom is watching the kids for the night. DH isn't sure what he wants. Neither of us are big party people. I thought it might be fun to do a night out at Top Golf for anyone who can make it, or invite people over to our house, but that means more work/ cleaning/ expense of food and stuff. :tongue5:

Mind sharing what you did/ plan to do for your DH, or what people did for your 40th?

Thanks! :)

georgiegirl
11-03-2018, 12:05 AM
We didn’t do anything public. That year (which was also our 10th anniversary), we took a family trip to the domincan republic. We turned 40 within 1.5 mo of each other.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lcarlson90
11-04-2018, 12:16 AM
My husband turned 40 last October and we went to Maui for a week just the two of us. We also did a small party at a local brewery. My 40th was a few weeks ago and we went to Oahu again just the two of us and my husband threw me a surprise brunch party.

jgenie
11-04-2018, 07:10 AM
For DH, we took a road trip. For me, I went to the jewelry store and commissioned a custom piece of jewelry with lots of diamonds! :)

gcc2k
11-04-2018, 07:59 AM
We also did a small party at a local brewery.

DH turns 40 next spring and that is the plan for him too. Probably have around 20 guests total.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TwinFoxes
11-04-2018, 08:07 AM
We went to a resort in AZ.

My DH is not very social so a party wouldn’t be his thing. But if your DH likes that sort of thing the Top Golf outing sounds fun.

SnuggleBuggles
11-04-2018, 08:48 AM
I think your Top Golf idea sounds great and you should do that.

I debated party vs trip for dh. I had a great venue picked but the logistics just weren't coming together. I knew he'd love the trip though so I just went for that. He had a great time and asked to go back. Score!

He did mention Hawaii but we decided to push that back til 2020 and our 20th anniversary.

We had a party at home for my 40th then I went to New Orleans with my friends.

AnnieW625
11-04-2018, 12:47 PM
Me, my sister and the kids took my DH to his favorite local BBQ restaurant. Yep that’s it. He was happy with it.

We drove back from the Bay Area on my 40th birthday (my aunt and uncle’s 50th, and my cousin’s 20th wedding anniversary party was the day before) and then my sister came over to our house and watched the kids, and DH and I went out for sushi. My sister and the kids bought cupcakes and sang me happy birthday when we got home. It was a great way to end an amazing weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mommy_Mea
11-04-2018, 01:23 PM
We didn't do anything extra special for DH's 40th, got mine we went away for a weekend locally, six months after the fact. We aren't huge birthday people anyways, and don't tend to mark milestone birthday any differently.

nfceagles
11-04-2018, 01:41 PM
My DH and I turned 40 five weeks apart and didn’t do anything special I can recall. We just don’t do much for birthdays and don’t care for parties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gymnbomb
11-04-2018, 02:10 PM
We don’t really do anything for adult birthdays other than getting an ice cream cake and going out to dinner (but we go out to dinner about once a week anyway). We are actually going on a trip with just the two of us 2 weeks after DH’s 40th birthday next year, but the two are not related, the timing is a coincidence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lizzywednesday
11-04-2018, 02:32 PM
He wanted a party "with all (his) friends" but I didn't have their info other than FB (and I just don't think FB is serious enough for a 40th birthday party) and I didn't have a lot of money to spend on a party if I planned it myself, so I didn't end up doing anything.

For my 40th, he bought me Indian food. I didn't want a party.

JBaxter
11-04-2018, 03:19 PM
We went out to dinner and I got pregnant DH 1/16 DS4 10/20

ahisma
11-04-2018, 03:29 PM
We're going to Kauai over DH's 50th birthday. It's unrelated to his birthday, but the timing works well and I'll probably just call it done.

wendibird22
11-04-2018, 03:50 PM
I hosted a small gathering for friends at a local bar. About 15people and I pre-ordered appetizers and one complimentary beverage.