PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used Decorist? And for fun, help me choose a designer!

mommy111
11-03-2018, 03:10 PM
I am just wondering what your experiences have been like. I’ve been thinking about doing it for our new living/dining area. We’ve narrowed things down to 2-3 designers for our living area, help me choose!!
here are links to their portfolios. Who would you choose if you were redesigning your home?
1) MWM https://www.massuccowarnermiller.com/
2) RWD http://www.ryanwhitedesigns.com/
3) DB http://www.dehnbloom.com/east-coast-goes-west
4) ODG http://www.odg-interiors.com/timeless_elegance.html

smilequeen
11-03-2018, 03:51 PM
We used a designer for our whole house when we built...so even in the architect stage.

We actually went through 2, so make sure you talk with whoever it is. The first one we picked seemed great at first and he was a genius but in the end he was also absolutely freaking nuts.

What is your style? The first one is not as traditional in style to me and would probably be my pick just based on the portfolio. But you need to meet people as well.

mommy111
11-03-2018, 08:38 PM
We used a designer for our whole house when we built...so even in the architect stage.

We actually went through 2, so make sure you talk with whoever it is. The first one we picked seemed great at first and he was a genius but in the end he was also absolutely freaking nuts.

What is your style? The first one is not as traditional in style to me and would probably be my pick just based on the portfolio. But you need to meet people as well.
We had a meeting with one and he was freaking nuts too :ROTFLMAO: But his assistant/project manager was even more nuts than him. Seriously, he lived in an alternate reality universe. I do love the first one, but DC tell me it's too cluttered aka there is no space to run around (keep in mind my kids are teens who spend all their time in their rooms but still like to think they 'run around' the house)

HannaAddict
11-04-2018, 02:17 AM

Agree on working with them in the architect stage, it helps so much for furniture placement later, windows, walls, etc. and many people building don’t do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meggie t
11-04-2018, 08:41 AM
For me, numbers 1 and 3, by their portfolios, are what is more me. But what’s you? I love color and a somewhat traditional aesthetic. Next would be if you get along. Good luck!

georgiegirl
11-04-2018, 09:36 AM
1 looks most feminine and pretty cluttered, 2 looks most masculine. 4 looks too stark and formal. 3 is okay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

trcy
11-04-2018, 09:57 AM
I have never used a designer, so no advice there. I personally like#3 the most, but it really depends on your personal style preference.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

WatchingThemGrow
11-04-2018, 10:04 AM
I like #2 as it is simple and uncluttered. Not so much the dining area (looks too ikea, but the others appeal to me.

AnnieW625
11-04-2018, 12:30 PM
I like #3 the best, but again that is just my style. I don’t like overly fussy or fancy interiors, but we live in a basic 1950 built ranch house (in a neighborhood of essentially the same kind of houses) so I don’t have the space to or house to equal fancy. Their look is very similar to the group we used to help design our bathroom (and will most likely use for our kitchen as well). We are in the Long Beach area and if you want another group to look at let me know and I can give you her information. This group has done a few Pasadena Showcase houses as well.

bisous
11-04-2018, 04:43 PM
I like number 3! 1 is too trendy and yes, cluttered. 2 is my second choice. I just love that dining space someone said was too IKEA, lol. 4 is not bad--it just seems very different stylistically and doesn't suit my person style all that well.

I like 3 because all the presented spaces seem nicely coordinated and timely without being too trendy and it matches my personal style best. I think 2, 3, and 4 all show well designed rooms that I could be happy in. I feel like there were some hits in 1 but a lot of misses for me and overall it just seems too trendy.

jent
11-04-2018, 10:26 PM
Is Decorist e-design? I was thinking of doing e-design in our new place because I'm totally at a loss for what to do here. I'd love to hear how it turns out for you!

I like #3 the best, but agree that is just my style. I liked some of #2 but not all-- I think there is a lot of variety in the rooms, which may be because the designer is responsive to the client, or maybe the designer is just trendy like PP said.

KpbS
11-05-2018, 12:18 AM
1 is NMS at all. 2 is pretty stark like a pp mentioned. 4 is too much white for me.

I like 3 the best. Good balance, nice use of color.

basil
11-05-2018, 09:30 AM
I never have tried decorist, but hiring an online designer is something I kind of want to try. I was scoping out the modsy website the other day.

mommy111
11-05-2018, 09:07 PM
Is Decorist e-design? I was thinking of doing e-design in our new place because I'm totally at a loss for what to do here. I'd love to hear how it turns out for you!

I like #3 the best, but agree that is just my style. I liked some of #2 but not all-- I think there is a lot of variety in the rooms, which may be because the designer is responsive to the client, or maybe the designer is just trendy like PP said.
yes, edesign. We’ve Also used heavenly in the past for our office and liked it. I’ll let you know how it goes