PDA

View Full Version : Cheap vacation for DH and I

melrose7
11-05-2018, 03:38 PM
DH and I will be married 15 years in the summer and I would like to take a trip. We vacation with family in our same state yearly, but besides out honeymoon we never go away. For our 10yr we went away for 1 night. That is the most we have ever been away. Money is tight which is why I am thinking a cheap(er) vacation and I am thinking a Wed-Sunday. We are in Wisconsin and I am thinking somewhere warm around the beginning of June. I was thinking if we went at the end of the school yr my inlaws could come stay here wednesday-Friday and just have to get them on the bus and they would be at school all day and then have the just have to the evening/dinner shift and then my parents could pick them up and take them for the weekend. I thought 15 yrs would be a good time to do it because we have a special needs daughter and anytime we go anywhere my parents watch the kids (my in-laws for maybe a few hours but never overnight). Both live about 40 minutes away (different directions). But both our parents are getting older and I don't know how long they will be around and able to help us out. I don't know know if they will be able to if we would wait until our 20yr anniversary. We figure DD1 will always live with us and then end up traveling with us, if we do, so this might be our only chance to go somewhere.
We went to Vegas while we were dating and our honeymoon so that is out. I am thinking of an all inclusive maybe a Sandals type thing in the Bahamas but that is just a thought. So I am open to ideas. We aren't really artsy/museum type people. We like sports, sightseeing, and I think just relaxing would be heavenly. I traveled quite a bit when I was a nanny but DH would be open to those places because it wasn't like I was vacationing there.

JBaxter
11-05-2018, 04:01 PM
I vote an inclusive resort on an island. Punta Cana, Aruba, Cozumel, Jamaica Xcaret are some suggestions

georgiegirl
11-05-2018, 04:04 PM
All inclusive in the Caribbean. Figure out where has the cheapest airfare and go from there. Generally Jamaica, Dominican Republic, and Mexico will be the cheapest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mom2binsd
11-05-2018, 05:06 PM
For that short of time I wouldn't go as far as Bahamas etc you'd spend 2 of the days traveling feom Wisconsin. You could have a great 4 days on Chicago, so many great restaurants to explore, other attractions. Or rent a cabin in Door County. Maybe New Orleans or Savanah/Charleston SC?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles
11-05-2018, 05:24 PM
Your $ could go really far in Puerto Rico.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk