PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Dyson Air Purifier (or other suggestions?)

smilequeen
11-07-2018, 01:56 PM
I never had allergies, but starting this spring they are relentless. I am still taking meds almost every day. I want to put an air purifier in my bedroom and possibly others.

Do you have the Dyson? What do you think? Another one that works? I don't care the price point as long as it helps.

Kindra178
11-07-2018, 04:42 PM
Austin and BlueAir were recommended to me by our industrial hygenist.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

mikala
11-07-2018, 06:20 PM
I purchased the Coway mighty based on this list. I haven't had it long enough to know how much it would help with allergies.

DH and I giggled last night when the dog tooted and the air filter immediately turned on.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-air-purifier/amp/

mackmama
11-07-2018, 07:05 PM
We had multiple Austin Airs and weren't impressed. I've also had a BlueAir and Germ Guardian. I recommend IQAir Health Pro Plus.

WatchingThemGrow
11-07-2018, 07:08 PM
We have the I Q air health pro plus.
I would pay full price tomorrow if it broke. Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elizamom
11-08-2018, 11:09 AM
If you haven't done so already, I would have your air ducts professionally cleaned and replace all of your air filters with MERV ratings of 14 or higher.

smiles33
11-08-2018, 01:56 PM
We have air ducts cleaned once/year, change the air filters every 2-3 months, run IQ Air Health Pro Plus room filters in each bedroom and the family room, and don't wear shoes in the house (which I'm hoping reduces the amount of allergens coming into the bedrooms). We started with BlueAir filters in our old house, but once MIL got a lung issue, DH did some research and upgraded us to IQ Air filters since she was staying with us regularly. It's helped noticeably with our own severe environmental allergies.

elizamom
11-08-2018, 05:35 PM
We have air ducts cleaned once/year, change the air filters every 2-3 months, run IQ Air Health Pro Plus room filters in each bedroom and the family room, and don't wear shoes in the house (which I'm hoping reduces the amount of allergens coming into the bedrooms). We started with BlueAir filters in our old house, but once MIL got a lung issue, DH did some research and upgraded us to IQ Air filters since she was staying with us regularly. It's helped noticeably with our own severe environmental allergies.

Wow! That is a lot. Do you have a particular HVAC air filter that you like?

Another thought for OP is adding HVAC return air vent filters. I haven't done this, but I plan to.

smilequeen
11-08-2018, 06:16 PM
Thanks!

You also did remind me that I'm overdue to have the system checked and filters replaced :)

magnoliaparadise
11-08-2018, 06:25 PM
This is very helpful. Thank you for posting, OP.

Aren't some of these air filters bad for the environment? Are the HVACs the ones bad for the environment?

If this is a hijack, please tell me and I can start a new thread...

Twoboos
11-08-2018, 08:47 PM
DH and I both got solicitations recently for Molekule air purifiers. I have no idea how good they are or not but for $700+ I would hope they are life changing.

calebsmama03
11-08-2018, 11:56 PM
In my area, we (very sadly) have been dealing with a lot of oil and gas drilling and fracking in the middle of suburban neighborhoods. As a result there have been air quality issues an dleaks of VOCs like benzene and toluene, My functional medicine doc recommended Autin Air. We haven't gotten one yet but she said they are rated best for the most environmental pollutants so if they can filter small enough for those VOCs that should be great for allergens.