PDA

View Full Version : need a "palette" for kitchen renovations

WatchingThemGrow
11-12-2018, 04:24 PM
We're a couple months out from our kitchen reno and making decisions is so hard for me. I have a general idea what I want, but wish there was a "package" to choose from, like when you're buying a new build with a builder...where someone has put together surfaces and colors that match, etc.

A friend is building a new home and could pick from a few options, which were all preselected to coordinate. I was wondering if there are any builders in CA (or elsewhere) maybe who have an "online design" site where I could pick our cabinet, countertop, backspash, and paint colors. A current home blogger would be fine too. On the more modern/clean lines side, not traditional.

niccig
11-12-2018, 10:09 PM
We looked at Houzz and narrowed down the looks we wanted. Then we had to agree. I wanted white cabinets, but DH didn’t want white countertops. He likes contrast so he would only agree to a dark countertop. We narrowed it down to quartz then chose the color.

We had same process with tiles, paint, pulls, lights etc looked at houzz to get ideas, discussed it, then looked at options available in our price range and made a choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

smiles33
11-13-2018, 12:38 AM
I knew I would be overwhelmed so we are hiring an interior designer my MIL and DH's aunt used for their home renovations. I'm going to show her some photos of kitchens I pinned on Pinterest and then have her pull together options for me. Can you find out if any local friends can recommend an interior designer to help pull together ideas for you?

HannaAddict
11-13-2018, 01:16 AM
I knew I would be overwhelmed so we are hiring an interior designer my MIL and DH's aunt used for their home renovations. I'm going to show her some photos of kitchens I pinned on Pinterest and then have her pull together options for me. Can you find out if any local friends can recommend an interior designer to help pull together ideas for you?

Money very well spent! A good interior designer is worth it and can also help make your kitchen timeless or if more current, be aware of what it coming vs what is “in” and on the way out by the time the remodels are hitting Houzz. I would definitely seek professional help and they can create a palette and finishes “book” and help a ton! Fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WatchingThemGrow
11-13-2018, 09:18 AM

Yes! I have one I’ve consulted 2x on this project already over the last couple years (theoretical until we sold the rental) and should just book something with her ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smilequeen
11-13-2018, 11:43 AM
Hire a designer. It will save you stress, time, and possibly even a bit of money in the end...they know where to find the best deals...and no costly mistakes.