PDA

View Full Version : GoPro Black5 & other deals at SwimOutlet

mmsmom
11-12-2018, 10:21 PM
Researching GoPros for DS’s Bday and came across some deals at SwimOutlet. The GoPro Black5 which I determined was best for us is $150 with free shipping ($250 at most other places).

https://www.swimoutlet.com/2018-hot-buys-c1396/

ETA: Also a great price on GoPro Hero 6 @ $210

almostmom
11-13-2018, 11:42 AM
I am planning on getting a gopro for DD for the holidays - can you tell me what the criteria are you're looking at to determine which one to get? There are so many options!

mmsmom
11-13-2018, 03:28 PM
I am planning on getting a gopro for DD for the holidays - can you tell me what the criteria are you're looking at to determine which one to get? There are so many options!

So many options! The newest are the 7’s, so the 5 is two releases old. However it gets great reviews (better than the Hero6 black) and has better features than the white model of the Hero7. My DS is clumsy and looses things often so I did not want to invest in the latest technology. I’m not exactly sure what he will be doing with it but definitely does not need the highest video or audio quality. This is a great price... just saw it at Costco for $249. Seriously thought the price was an error but got a shipping notice. It looks like any of these models need a few accessories so I am glad to get the actual camera for less.

ETA: Also Mr Rebates is 5% and you get a $10 gift card with purchase.