PDA

View Full Version : Help me buy my Apple Watch...

SASM
11-13-2018, 02:05 PM
Not sure if I want a Series 3 or 4...large or small...GPS or GPS/cellular. Woot has a deal today on refurbished models and Costco has their Series 3 w/ GPS on sale.

-Has anyone compared both series?
-Does anyone regret getting the larger size? My wrist is “normal”...I can wear a small fitbit band but a large also fits.
-Any regrets getting cellular/GPS vs just GPS?
-How accurate are the heart rate features between the two series?

My brain is hurting trying to compare. Thank you so much for any feedback!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

khalloc
11-13-2018, 02:29 PM
I am also thinking of getting an Apple Watch for Christmas. I am going to go for the 4 series. I actually went to try them on at Best Buy yesterday and the larger face the 44mm was HUGE on me. I wear a large Fitbit band, but I probably should wear a small, because I wear my large band on the tightest setting. the 3 comes in different sizes, so maybe I'd go with the larger 42mm on that.

georgiegirl
11-13-2018, 02:43 PM
I’m going to get DD one for Christmas. Target will have the series 3 for $199 on Black Friday. I’m not sure if I can get this deal online or not. Or if I should get the one from Costco and then return it if I can get a better deal. DD has been wearing a Fitbit (small) for two years, so I was going to get her the smaller one. She wants to be able to track her swimming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wendibird22
11-13-2018, 03:36 PM
I have the series 3 with cellular. It's only $10 a month on my phone plan. I'm a runner and don't want to have my phone on me if I don't have to. The cellular allows me to make/receive calls, stream music, etc on my run. I have a small wrist so I have the smaller size.

Tenasparkl
11-13-2018, 03:45 PM
I had the larger size of the first apple watch and just got the smaller size series 4. The screen size actually seems the same (because it goes closer to the edge) without being as big and bulky.

I have found it to be much harder to close my exercise ring on the new watch. I think it's more accurate, which is a good motivator for me. I used to be able to close the middle ring from our walk to and from school and now it only counts the minutes of an outdoor walk where my heart rate is raised high enough.

I don't have the cellular version so can't speak to that. I almost always have my phone with me (or in close enough range) to not need that from my watch.

zukeypur
11-13-2018, 11:14 PM
I have the small 3 GPS, and I don’t feel that I’m missing anything by not having cellular. I love it so much. I have not had the volume on my phone or watch on since I got it because it gently taps me when I have a text or call. It’s so nice not to hear that annoying sound. It’s also great for quickly reading and responding to text messages without looking for my phone. I can’t say enough good things about it.

mackmama
11-13-2018, 11:32 PM
I went with the small series 4 with GPS/cellular. I'm glad I got the smaller size even though my wrist size could take the larger. I just didn't want it so present. Very glad I have cellular since I've needed it at times that I forgot my phone. I primarily got the watch to be part of a cardiac study. Since that ended, I honestly don't wear it much.