PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle help needed. Suggestions please.

IansMom
11-14-2018, 05:38 PM
Unfortunately, it seems that we may be purchasing another vehicle before we planned. We have been considering a mini van, but would like to explore all opportunities. We are a tall family so legroom is our biggest desire. For example, DH is 6’3”, I am 5’10”, our nine year old is 59 inches and our almost three year old is 39 inches.

We currently have a Yukon Denali XL. One thing I dislike is that when DH drives, we must move YDS’ car seat from the driver side because he has no room for his feet/legs.

We also want leather seats.

Any suggestions? We drove a Town & Country to Orlando and loved the space but I know they aren’t reliable and we need this car to last 10-12 years. I don’t like the Dodge Caravan. We looked at the Odyssey and Sienna (2015 and 2016 models) and DH thought there was more legroom for the driver in the Sienna.

I’m also open to SUV suggestions.

Our budget is $30,000 and we will consider slightly used (2015 and newer with less than 25,000 miles).

Hank you.

doberbrat
11-14-2018, 06:22 PM
If you want it to last 12 yrs I'd look at a sienna or an odyssey My Sienna is a 2005 with 130kmi and still fine. Needs some work right now but not end of world stuff. The SUVs are comfy but many feel small and don't have the cargo room we need.
I dont LOVE my sienna in the snow but its been fine. I'm sure better tires would help as well.

SnuggleBuggles
11-14-2018, 07:15 PM
Take a look at Outbacks too.
Though I drive an SUV (RAV4 Hybrid) I much prefer minivans. But, with just 2 kids, I would have a hard time justifying one.

PunkyBoo
11-14-2018, 10:03 PM
We're all very tall, too, and have 2 kids. I didn't want a minivan, but I LOVE my honda pilot. I love the flexibility of the 3rd row. I'm 5'9" and am comfortable sitting anywhere. The 3rd row is a bit tight but much more comfortable than the comparable suv's we test drove.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

gymnbomb
11-14-2018, 11:26 PM
We considered mid sized SUVs and mini vans, and ended up buying a Sienna last year. It had much more flexibility in front and middle row spacing than the Odyssey so it allowed more leg room where we needed it. We got a new 2017 LE in your price range.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mom2binsd
11-15-2018, 12:08 AM
A minivan isn't overkill for a familiar of 4, especially if you travel at all. Also, you will be carting around other kids soon enough. Lots of Odysseys around us in the Midwest, they seem to last a long time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

IansMom
11-15-2018, 10:00 AM
Thank you all for your suggestions. They are very helpful. We will take a closer look at the Sienna. We are in the south so we only have to deal with snow once a year or so. We will also look at the Honda Pilot and the Outback. Those weren’t on our radar. We will probably be driving about 1600 mile round trip once a year or so to see the in-laws so we want something comfortable. Thank you all for your advice.