PDA

View Full Version : How helpful are sunrise clocks?

ang79
11-16-2018, 09:35 AM
My almost 10 year old hates waking up, at least on school mornings. She gets plenty of sleep but does not want to get out of bed at 7 when I wake her. I was thinking maybe a sunrise alarm clock, that starts to light up the room gradually before she needs to get up, might help. I’m not shelling out for the super expensive Phillips one, but found an hOmelabs one recommended on wire cutter that might be worth trying for $20. Anyone use this type of clock and find it helpful?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles
11-16-2018, 09:47 AM
I have one on my list for ds1. They’ve been around forever (we sold them in the store I worked in 20 years ago!) so there’s probably something to them. :)

nfceagles
11-16-2018, 10:46 AM
I had one when I was younger and liked it. Not miraculous, but I preferred waking up to it versus darkness. My mom still has one and loves hers. Only reason I quit using it was because I was a SAHM with young kids and didn’t need an alarm for years.

magnoliaparadise
11-16-2018, 12:46 PM
So timely and possible that we have the same 10 year old :)
I missed a Groupon for those Phillip clocks for $40 or $50 dollars and see that they are now $105 on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Simulation-Headspace-Subscription-HF3520/dp/B0093162RM
They get rave reviews and on another board, someone said that it was a game changer... but ugh I haven't gotten it yet. I'm waiting for another sale...

Minnifer
11-16-2018, 06:35 PM
I use it and *I* like it but I am a very light sleeper. I had purchased it for 10 yo DD thinking it would help her get up (she sleeps like the dead and never wants to get up) and this was a total bust, totally useless for her.

essnce629
11-17-2018, 03:51 AM
Why don't you just get a smart light bulb that can go into any lamp? We have the colored Phillips ones in all our lamps, but there's cheaper brands or you can get a white smart bulb that can be put on a "wake up" schedule in the app. Both my boys have their bedroom lamps on a wakeup schedule that gets progressively brighter over 30 minutes before they have to wake up.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk