PDA

View Full Version : Teacher's lounge gift idea?

hbridge
11-17-2018, 07:01 PM
DC just started at a very small private high school. It's high school so there are multiple teachers and staff working with DC every day/week. There is no way I can do gifts for the entire staff (or even all of the teachers) for the holidays...

I was thinking of sending something to the school for everyone. In the past at other schools, I have done a tower of cookies to the teachers lounge, but am thinking maybe there is a better idea out there.

So to all those teachers out there, what would you enjoy?

Thanks...…..

SnuggleBuggles
11-17-2018, 07:49 PM
Maybe some good coffee (ground or pods depending on what they use). This is the top ask at our school.

hbridge
11-17-2018, 08:03 PM
Hmm... That's a good idea. I don't know what they do for coffee... I might have to do some "investigating"...

HannaAddict
11-17-2018, 08:46 PM
Tons of teachers here are gluten free or sugar free so wouldn’t do cookies. As others suggested, I would do nice coffee for the lounge depending on what they drink. Or coffee and some nice tea. We have tea drinkers in our midst too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SASM
11-18-2018, 12:51 PM
Another vote assorted K-cups and teas. I also make a large batch of salted caramels (after many years of gifting to teachers, its just easier to gift a big batch than DCs going from former teacher to former teacher) and leave them in the teacher lounges...very well received. Granola bars, fruit, individual bags of popcorn as well. Quite often teachers are gifted candy, etc during the holidays, so it's nice giving them something healthier. Their vending machine breaks down on a regular basis, too, and many like having a healthy pick-me-up in the afternoon.

PZMommy
11-18-2018, 03:13 PM
Make sure to check that they have a kuerig or coffee machine. We have neither. The cafeteria has a coffee maker and we can buy cups of coffee from them.

Cookies or other types of snack food would be well received at my school.

hbridge
11-18-2018, 03:21 PM
I am still thinking cookies or a snack basket of some kind...

As much as I would love to do coffee, I have no idea what they have or where it would be in the school. Does anyone have a place that they recommend for cookies or snack type food to be delivered or shipped to the school? I have done Dancing Deer in the past, but am open to suggestions...