PDA

View Full Version : Osmo reviews? Should we get 2?

AngB
11-18-2018, 11:10 AM
(Sorry I already posted in kidfun, hoping posting here might get some feedback.) Osmo has finally been released for Kindle Fires! I remember reading all about it here, years ago, and it generally being a hit. Is that still the case? Which games/sets have been the biggest hits? Also if you have 2 kids close in age, is it better to get 2 or has sharing worked out okay? (We have a 7 yo and 6 yo...I don't really know that the 7yo is going to be too impressed with it though.)

Thanks!

calebsmama03
11-18-2018, 04:58 PM
My 7y/o loves osmo. He has the genius kit (I think that's the name? Has Tanagram, words, numbers, Newton, and something else), then we've added on the pizza game (a little young for him because the math is really easy but he still likes it a lot), and coding with Awby. He wants the Hotwheels mindracers game for Christmas and maybe the other coding one.
My other kids are older so sharing hasn't been an issue but I'd probably start with just one and see how it goes. It really is a fun learning game and one I don't mind letting him play, unlike most iPad or Wii games. ;)

AngB
11-18-2018, 05:17 PM
My 7y/o loves osmo. He has the genius kit (I think that's the name? Has Tanagram, words, numbers, Newton, and something else), then we've added on the pizza game (a little young for him because the math is really easy but he still likes it a lot), and coding with Awby. He wants the Hotwheels mindracers game for Christmas and maybe the other coding one.
My other kids are older so sharing hasn't been an issue but I'd probably start with just one and see how it goes. It really is a fun learning game and one I don't mind letting him play, unlike most iPad or Wii games. ;)

Thanks, that's what I was leaning towards! My 6yo and 7yo are pretty good about sharing/taking turns so we'll see. :)

Unfortunately I don't think a lot of the Ipad games are out for the Fire version yet but I do appreciate the rec's to keep an eye out for.