PDA

View Full Version : 7 yr old boys Christmas list

petesgirl
11-18-2018, 04:02 PM
What are your 7 yr old (or 6-8) boys getting for Christmas? I'm stuck in a rut. He wrote a Christmas list at school that had 'cat and chicken'. ha ha! Not happening!

calebsmama03
11-18-2018, 04:50 PM
Mine is all about LEGO, Star Wars, and STEM/building things. There's a Vex robotics kit at Costco he wants, an R2D2 droid builder, Osmo mind racers (if you don't already have Osmo, that's a great gift for that age!), too many LEGO sets to count ;) and a few other building type things he's got on his list.

What is he into in general?

AngB
11-18-2018, 04:54 PM
Mine is mostly getting Nintendo Switch games. (Both boys got the Switch to share from their grandmother as an early christmas present since they only see her once every few years and we were there this summer..) Super Mario Odyssey, the new Pokemon game that just came out, etc. He doesn't really play with toys a whole lot anymore plus I am trying to avoid bringing a ton more crap into our house (that he will mostly ignore.)

ETA: I also am considering a karoake machine, which sounds like TORTURE, but he loves playing songs on Alexa and singing and stuff.

basil
11-18-2018, 09:39 PM
Some Red Sox World Series stuff (a poster and a sweatshirt)

This set of books he is obsessed with called “who would win”..it’s about animals battling. He’s a big “wild kratts” kind of kid. He also really likes magic treehouse so may get a few of those too.

He likes legos but hasn’t asked for anything specific. The only thing he pointed out at Costco that he liked was a set of big superhero action figures, but he already kind of has a lot of those.

Will be following for other ideas.

gcc2k
11-18-2018, 10:03 PM
This set of books he is obsessed with called “who would win”..it’s about animals battling.

My 2nd grader loves those books too! I ordered several for him through Scholastic. He is also really enjoying the I Survived books, though they are more challenging and I have rob read them to him.

DS's birthday is 9 days after Christmas so here are some of the gifts he will be getting:

1. Anki Overdrive (AI race car set with a track you build, drive the cars with an app on your phone)
2. Lego Boost (robot you build and code with a tablet)
3. Incredibles 2 movie
4. Star Wars Legos
5. Exploding Kittens and Forbidden Island game
6. Classic NES video game system (though technically that his for his 5.5 year old brother, however I know he will play it too.) This is their first video game system and I figure it is a good introduction to video games before we spend $$$ on a Switch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bisous
11-18-2018, 10:08 PM
Mine is all about LEGO, Star Wars, and STEM/building things. There's a Vex robotics kit at Costco he wants, an R2D2 droid builder, Osmo mind racers (if you don't already have Osmo, that's a great gift for that age!), too many LEGO sets to count ;) and a few other building type things he's got on his list.

This is my 7yo! For his birthday I got him a Rubik’s cube and he loved that. He’s getting a lot of books too.

carolinacool
11-18-2018, 10:17 PM
Last year when DS was 8, we got him an outdoor basketball goal and a PS4. This year we’re considering maybe a small TV for his room. He also said a couple of weeks ago that he wished he had his own computer, so maybe a chrome book if we can find one cheap enough. His birthday is in early December, so technically he will be a very new 9-year-old.

He really doesn’t play with toys very much at all. He’s also not really a big reader. He has a stack of books in his room that he needs to go through before I buy anymore. Right now, he’s really just all about playing sports and playing Fortnite.

petesgirl
11-18-2018, 11:56 PM

He really likes any type of transportation toy--airplanes, trains, and hot wheels which he has a TON of! He's got one hot wheels track and I'm looking at their other playsets, he will probably get one of those. He likes LEGOS ok, I got a small set for his stocking and I think his grandparents are getting him a larger set.

So far, I've got:
Set of magformers (pieces to build construction vehicles)
SushiGo game
Highlights Magazine 1 yr subscription (he isn't a big reader but enjoys when I get this magazine from the library).
Tickets to a local production of The Wizard of Oz for the week after Christmas
New coat
I'd like to add one more 'play' item, probably a hot wheels set.

He isn't huge into video games, although he does enjoy playing Zelda and MarioKart with DH. Definitely still enjoys imaginative play and active play.

I'm enjoying all these posts! Definitely looking into the 'who would win' books!

Anki overdrive looks super fun, I'll have to look into that more.

Osmo looks cool too, but we don't have any kind of tablet.

Mommy_Mea
11-19-2018, 06:58 AM
Legos, magnatiles, I spy books, beyblades, snap circuits, howling football, step tracker, Pokemon.

Chitowngirl
11-19-2018, 07:16 AM
Love the ideas. Subscribing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petesgirl
11-19-2018, 01:34 PM
Legos, magnatiles, I spy books, beyblades, snap circuits, howling football, step tracker, Pokemon.

Oh, tell me more about beyblades! He played with them at a friend's house once but I'm not exactly sure what they are/how they work. Are they good for playing alone and with other kids?

melrose7
11-19-2018, 02:26 PM
DS is 8.5 and this is what I have gotten him or is on his list for christmas and St. Nick stocking

NFL sticker collection book with stickers https://www.amazon.com/Football-Stickers-Special-Collectors-Superstars/dp/B07FVMKVG1/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1542651949&sr=8-4&keywords=nfl+sticker+book+2018
bounce back football
klast game https://www.target.com/p/klask-board-game/-/A-50939234
snow scooter https://www.target.com/p/airhead-scoot-snow-scooter---blue-lime/-/A-52390836
machi koro game
spot it MLB
grandparents are giving us all season passes to great america
gloves
streaking kitten expansion deck
wallet
whoppie cushion
hangman travel
stress ball
sonicare toothbrish
maybe sports illustrated for kids
football gloves
bug a shot toy https://www.amazon.com/Bug-A-Salt-2-0-from-Skell-Inc/dp/B00STSZ77G/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1542651853&sr=8-4&keywords=bug+a+shot+salt+gun
optical illusion cards

Tenasparkl
11-19-2018, 04:03 PM
Pokemon cards and little figures
legos (mostly Minecraft legos on his list, but that's the last thing we need more of...)
books - I found Dogman and Captain Underpants books at Costco. Magic Treehouse is a great ideas but we already have them from his big sister.
a metal detector - he fell in love with one at his friend's house
soccer goal
maybe a new yogibo chair for his room to replace the baby glider that's still in there

petesgirl
11-19-2018, 05:42 PM
DS is 8.5 and this is what I have gotten him or is on his list for christmas and St. Nick stocking

NFL sticker collection book with stickers https://www.amazon.com/Football-Stickers-Special-Collectors-Superstars/dp/B07FVMKVG1/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1542651949&sr=8-4&keywords=nfl+sticker+book+2018
bounce back football
klast game https://www.target.com/p/klask-board-game/-/A-50939234
snow scooter https://www.target.com/p/airhead-scoot-snow-scooter---blue-lime/-/A-52390836
machi koro game
spot it MLB
grandparents are giving us all season passes to great america
gloves
streaking kitten expansion deck
wallet
whoppie cushion
hangman travel
stress ball
sonicare toothbrish
maybe sports illustrated for kids
football gloves
bug a shot toy https://www.amazon.com/Bug-A-Salt-2-0-from-Skell-Inc/dp/B00STSZ77G/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1542651853&sr=8-4&keywords=bug+a+shot+salt+gun
optical illusion cards

Snow scooter! My DS would love that. Thanks for the link!

Mommy_Mea
11-19-2018, 09:23 PM
Oh, tell me more about beyblades! He played with them at a friend's house once but I'm not exactly sure what they are/how they work. Are they good for playing alone and with other kids?My kids do both, play on their own and together. Honestly the ones we have someone gave to us, but the kids have been asking for the stadium that they "battle" in (they have been using some old bowls until now). Basically they are spinning tops that crash into each other, some break apart.