PDA

View Full Version : Recommend your small/medium sized crossbody purse thats OK to get wet

khalloc
11-19-2018, 10:40 AM
I have a trip coming up to Ireland next spring and I'm looking for a purse to bring. I have tons of purses, but they are mostly leather. I'm guessing thats not the best to bring to Ireland where I could be caught out in the rain? I'm looking for something that is OK to get wet, I can carry it across my body and will fit my wallet, glasses, phone, small camera, etc...Something stylish too. Thank you!

truly scrumptious
11-19-2018, 10:44 AM
I absolutely LOVE my Travelon crossbody. It is just the right size (I'm short and need something small enough to carry around all day while sightseeing) and resilient enough to get wet.

https://www.ebags.com/product/travelon/anti-theft-welted-asymmetric-eastwest-crossbody-exclusive/340127?productid=10676420&lastsearchterm=anti-theft+welted+asymmetric+east/west+crossbody+travelon

SASM
11-19-2018, 10:49 AM
I bought this for use throughout the UK & Ireland. Same concerns. It worked surprisingly well. My initial thought was that it was too heavy BUT I adjusted to it without a problem. Lots of compartments. Great size.

https://smile.amazon.com/Travelon-Anti-Theft-Signature-Compartment-Crossbody/dp/B00ICD5Y3A/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref_=oh_aui_i_sh_in_o1_img

Also thinking maybe an MZ Wallace (used MZ Wallace Lovers group, Poshmark, Mercari,,etc if outside your budget) as well. Maybe a Sutton?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twowhat?
11-19-2018, 11:14 AM
MZ Wallace? Something like the small Sutton? I have a Jimmie in that same quilted nylon and I've totally machine washed it. :bag

khalloc
11-19-2018, 11:35 AM
I bought this for use throughout the UK & Ireland. Same concerns. It worked surprisingly well. My initial thought was that it was too heavy BUT I adjusted to it without a problem. Lots of compartments. Great size.

https://smile.amazon.com/Travelon-Anti-Theft-Signature-Compartment-Crossbody/dp/B00ICD5Y3A/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref_=oh_aui_i_sh_in_o1_img

Also thinking maybe an MZ Wallace (used MZ Wallace Lovers group, Poshmark, Mercari,,etc if outside your budget) as well. Maybe a Sutton?

I like the shape of this bag. I checked out the MZ Wallace Sutton - not really liking that one at all. I am not found of the quilts.

Keep the suggestions coming!

Kindra178
11-19-2018, 12:55 PM
Look at bedford models of MZW - Paige, Lizzie, Mia, Bailey, Abbey cross body, Roxy cross body.

SASM
11-19-2018, 01:31 PM
I like the shape of this bag. I checked out the MZ Wallace Sutton - not really liking that one at all. I am not found of the quilts.

Keep the suggestions coming!I just suggested the Sutton because the quilted's are so ridiculously light. My bedford nylon bags are heavier than I expected. When lightly loaded up, they are uncomfortable on my shoulder. Maybe a Paige? MZW has a sale going on right now, too! Also check out the MZW Lovers page on FB. There are lots of MZW-passionate ladies on that page and you can find some fantastic deals, especially when someone has a Fire Sale! Good luck!!

In regards to the Travelon bag, I bought mine on sale for $33.xx!! Great deal!

HannaAddict
11-19-2018, 01:36 PM
I have had no problems with having leather purses or bags in rain. That wouldn’t be the driving reason for getting a new one. Most leather is pretty tough. Now I wouldn’t do suede!

Globetrotter
11-19-2018, 02:36 PM
I like travelon or baggalini. They are durable!

legaleagle
11-19-2018, 02:51 PM
I’m a big MZ Wallace fan but you could also get waterproofing spray for a leather purse if you have one that’s otherwise perfect

wendibird22
11-19-2018, 02:53 PM
I like Baggalini for that purpose.

I'm a huge MZ Wallace fan. I have a Bailey and it's small...maybe too small...just because it is so structure. Small wallet, phone, sunglasses, and small misc items but that's about it. I also have a Soho tote and that's really lightweight and holds a ton. The zip top keeps contents inside and weather elements out and the rain/snow just beads off of it. The mini soho would probably be the right size for what you want.

khalloc
11-19-2018, 03:23 PM
I looked around the entire MZ Wallace site and didnt see one bag that I liked the looks of, so thats out. I had never heard of that brand before. My coworker has a Baggalini bag that she loves. its not really my style either. I want like 1 huge pocket, maybe 2. I usually carry Coach bags, something relaxed and not very structured. Most of my bags are not cross body though, and I definitely want that for this trip. Not sure what to do. I guess I have time and will keep my eyes open!

Kindra178
11-19-2018, 03:32 PM
If you don't care about brand name, check out Sole Society or Macy's.