PDA

View Full Version : Update: for what do you use a immersion hand blender?

diamond
11-19-2018, 07:58 PM
I got a cuisinart hand blender from costco last week as it was 19$ and on sale. I have never used one before or felt the need...why and in what way do you use your hand blender? Can you live without it?

Update: Sorry for confusion, I meant the immersion hand blender..like the stick kind

jgenie
11-19-2018, 08:08 PM
I used to use it to make cookies but I now use the kitchen aid mixer for that. I usually only use my hand mixer to make cupcakes.

mmsmom
11-19-2018, 08:12 PM
I have a Kitchen Aid stand mixer but do not keep it out on the counter. So I use the hand blender anytime I don’t feel like getting the big mixer out. I use it for mashed potatoes, cookies, brownies, etc.

scrooks
11-19-2018, 08:15 PM
I use it all the time when baking. Banana bread, cookies, cake. I hardly ever use my Kitchen Aid stand mixer. We never had a big stand mixer growing up so I am used to using the hand mixer. DH loves our Kitchen Aid and is more likely to use it. I couldn't live without it (the hand mixer I mean)!

SnuggleBuggles
11-19-2018, 08:19 PM
I use it all the time when baking. Banana bread, cookies, cake. I hardly ever use my Kitchen Aid stand mixer. We never had a big stand mixer growing up so I am used to using the hand mixer. DH loves our Kitchen Aid and is more likely to use it. I couldn't live without it (the hand mixer I mean)!

Do you mean a hand mixer like with beater blades or an immersion blender (which I’d assumed pp meant).
If immersion blender- soups and milkshakes. Mine just broke and I really miss it for soups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwinFoxes
11-19-2018, 08:43 PM
A hand mixer we use for baking and DH uses it to make mashed potatoes. An immersion blender I used for soups, it just can't be beat.

scrooks
11-19-2018, 08:47 PM
Do you mean a hand mixer like with beater blades or an immersion blender (which I’d assumed pp meant).
If immersion blender- soups and milkshakes. Mine just broke and I really miss it for soups.

I guess I meant hand mixer!

We have an immersion blender too....I don't use it super often but occasionally it really comes in handy!

ellies mom
11-19-2018, 09:19 PM
Mainly when I make crepes.

SASM
11-19-2018, 09:31 PM
I shred chicken with it...so easy! I do not have a stand mixer so I use my hand blender a lot for meringue, baking, etc.

I use my immersion blender to make mayonnaise.

DualvansMommy
11-19-2018, 09:47 PM
Hand blender as in immersion blender? I use it all the time to make soups, homemade dressings, gravy, and homemade tomato sauce for freezing.

But if you mean the big mixer? I have it out on the counter and I tend to use it whenever I’m making big batches of cupcakes, cookies, mashed potatoes, anything heavy duty in recipes I’m tripling for bigger groups of people to feed or extra to freeze later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

KpbS
11-19-2018, 11:04 PM
to puree soup

elbert
11-19-2018, 11:24 PM
Soup, applesauce, other sauces on occasion

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

candaceb
11-19-2018, 11:26 PM
A hand mixer we use for baking and DH uses it to make mashed potatoes. An immersion blender I used for soups, it just can't be beat.

whatever you do, never confuse an immersion blender for a hand mixer when making mashed potatoes. Unless you want to serve glue for dinner. As me how I know...

123LuckyMom
11-19-2018, 11:41 PM
I use my immersion blender for soups and sauces. I haven’t used mine often, but it’s the kind of thing it’s really useful to have around for those few times you need it. If you have a blender, you can use that instead, but often you’d need to do several batches. If you’ve got the immersion blender, you can just leave everything in the pot. I recently used mine for an IP butter chicken recipe. I think the last time before that I used it for a soup where the veggies were blended to make a creamy base rather than using cream. The first time I used it I had already owned it for a while, and the instructions were missing. I made a terrible mess! The sauce it was in was pretty shallow, and I kept moving the blender around in the pot. The sauce was spraying and splattering. I figured out that you just set it down flat on the bottom of the pot, and all the sauce or soup will eventually go through the blades.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

Smillow
11-20-2018, 08:42 AM
You may be able to whip cream in 30 seconds. I could when mine was new, it doesn’t seem to work as well after a few years though...

wendibird22
11-20-2018, 09:46 AM
Immersion blender for soups, smoothies, tomato sauce

Hand mixer for small jobs like whipping an egg or brownie batter.

dhano923
11-20-2018, 09:58 PM
Soups, sauces, gravy, dressings, and smoothies.

calebsmama03
11-21-2018, 12:10 AM
I use my stick blender/immersion blender for emulsifying homemade dressings, soups, my slow cooker freezer tomato sauce, a quick small batch of whipped cream if we want to have a little dessert, etc. I've also used it for smoothies but it's not the best unless it's really ripe bananas and berries. Mainly soups and sauces. If the costco one still comes with the mini chopper attachment I used to use that ALL the time before it broke. Chopping nuts, small batches of diced onions, small batch of guacamole, etc.

essnce629
11-21-2018, 12:31 AM
Immersion blender I use to puree soups (I'm making butternut squash soup for Thanksgiving), make homemade Whole 30 mayonnaise, and puree fruit sauces and enchilada sauce.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

HannaAddict
11-21-2018, 05:22 AM
Soups. Potato Leek and more. Don’t use it tons but works great when we do. And this time of year is when it shines. We’ve used it for gravy too. Easy to use, store and clean.