PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix -layover? (updated)

♥ms.pacman♥
11-21-2018, 12:57 PM
We are traveling today and due to flight delays We have a 4 HOUR layover in Phoenix airport. Any recommendations of things to do? I have tsa precheck so was thinking could do something outside the airport but the issue is not having anywhere to put our luggage - we have a couple roller carryons and dh’s cpap etc . Looking for sugestions from others who have been in similar situation! Or who are more familiar with the airport/area.

StantonHyde
11-21-2018, 01:39 PM
I love the Heard Museum--so much on the many Native Americans throughout the ages who have lived in the southwest. Good stuff for kids too. Check out their website to see if they have a coat check.

StantonHyde
11-21-2018, 01:41 PM
The other option is to buy a one day pass for anybody in your family who isn't an XYZ airline Medallion level flyer to the airline lounge at the airport. Then hang out for 4 hours in comfy chairs, electric sockets for wifi next to the chairs, free snacks, and free drinks. We did that once at the Delta lounge in Atlanta. It was awesome.

Ms B
11-21-2018, 01:46 PM
Eh, get a large cab and go to Richardson's at 6335 N 16th St, Phoenix, AZ 85016. It's ten minutes from the airport and delicious. Everyone needs a green chile potato (basically a poblano stuffed with everything you put into a twice baked potato, sometimes topped with sausage gravy) and a prickly pear margarita (or some Gruet sparkling rose wine)!!!

HannaAddict
11-21-2018, 03:00 PM
Check your luggage in for the next flight so you don’t have to carry it around. You can check in way before the flight and drop off the luggage. If they have a decent lounge at Phoenix you can access, that is always nicer than the main terminal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles
11-21-2018, 04:27 PM
Agree- check your bags. I hate lugging luggage around, especially during long layovers. Keep 1 bag with essentials if you need to but check the rest!
Eta- I wouldn’t leave. Isn’t worth missing a connection. Pre check I’d great but it isn’t guaranteed. If you get stuck using the regular line, your wait could be much longer than expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisous
11-21-2018, 05:44 PM
See four hours doesn’t sound like much to me at all but my airport is LAX so maybe take it with a grain of salt? I remember having three hours in Paris when flying from Marseille to NYC and it took the whole time to get through the airport! I’ve never been to the Phoenix airport. Maybe it’s much smaller/less complicated.

Zansu
11-23-2018, 07:30 PM
There are some fairly good restaurants at PHX. Check the terminal map to see what your options are.

♥ms.pacman♥
11-27-2018, 03:35 PM
thanks all. we ended up not leaving the airport, due to poor air quality in Phoenix (AQI was over 100). our layover ended up being close to 5 hours, but was still ok.

they do have good restaurants at PHX, especially mexican. i love how there was a place called Sir Veza's tacos or something (lol).